Can't believe I waited this long...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paladin

Can't believe I waited this long...

Post by paladin »

to pull the trigger on a C90PBK...it is close ( if not exactly ) the knife for me...just enough belly...a bit of a point to start cuts into packages...great ergos...just PERFECT...I think it would be cool to mold the FRN with the bidirectional fishscale pattern ala Caly jr....but have any of you guys experienced blade opening/closing tightness when you place the clip in the tip down, right-handed carry position? Thanks Mr. Glesser for such a thoughtful, practical tool...I even love the Boye dent...sorry, Deacon :rolleyes:
BAL

Post by BAL »

Not sure what a C90PBK is, but congrats and welcome. I have trouble remembering my name let alone the
knifes numbers. Do you have many Spydercos and what is next up on your list. If I were to google C90PBK
I would probably find out that it is a Stretch PE, but I am not sure. I personally haven't had any issues with
opening or closing depending on the clip. I know some of the guys have had an opening closing issue after
sucking down a little jack & coke, but that's a whole different story. The Stretch is a great knife man,
again, congrats and welcome. Looks like you post every couple of months, so I'll be anxious to hear from you,
come about the end of May. (FYI - don't take anything that I say personal, I am from Middle Earth you know.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BAL wrote:(FYI - don't take anything that I say personal, I am from Middle Earth you know).
Ha ha! And that is why I love this place. :)

Welcome to the Forum, Paladin. The Stretch (C90PBK) is a fine blade indeed. Congrats on your acquisition!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Now I'm going to have to dig out my Stretch from it's storage place. It's a very amazing knife, quite nearly perfect for me... (Especially when paired with a Cricket or Dodo.)
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

One can indeed get lost on Middle Earth or on Third Earth. I don't recall which one I am on either at times.

Congratz on the Stretch. It's one Of the knives I will buy one day.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Congrats on the Stretch. I like mine (both the frn/ZDP-189 and the CF/ZDP-189 :) ). I have not tried to change the clip position though. I saw some comments where some people wanted a Stretch with a different blade shape, but I really like the blade shape as it is, works well for me, and there are plenty of other models available with a more pointy blade.

If anyone wants a *serrated* Stretch, Sierra Trading Post must have a ton of them, they periodically put them on sale, today they have them for $46.77 if you are on their mailing list. I just don't care for SE as much, at least on the Stretch. For me it's a great carving/slicing knife, which I want PE for.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)