screw size for delica4 pocket clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
troutfisher13111

screw size for delica4 pocket clip

Post by troutfisher13111 »

Anyone know the size of the screws spyderco uses for the pocket clip on the delica 4? Thread size and length. Thanks!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Tiny and even more tiny. Call Spyderco, they'll mail you some.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

Bump, I don't know but maybe there are some more technical people who do know.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Off subject but I happen to be making a set of scales for my Jester. I had all the parts in a small bowl. Of course I hit the bowl knocking it over. I lost 3 of the screws. :eek: I think they are smaller than Evil's description of small screws. :) While I was on my hands and knees, flashlight and extension magnet in hand I was thinking how I was going to ask for a new set of screws from Spyderco. :o Unvelieveable, I found two of them (inside a couch/hide-a-bed) and a friend found one on the carpet. I thought they were small when trying to insert them in the pins. This was far worse.

Jack
troutfisher13111

Post by troutfisher13111 »

I actually wanted to get ones slightly longer, like 1/64" longer for my new pocket clip. It seems to be slightly thicker.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

troutfisher13111 wrote:I actually wanted to get ones slightly longer, like 1/64" longer for my new pocket clip. It seems to be slightly thicker.
Just use a drop of super glue then wrap some duct tape around that sucker. Do this with the knife open. When you close it the blade will cut the perfect size groove in the tape for opening and closing. If you do it with the blade closed it will be hard to open. Am I speaking from experience? GOD, I hope not. :)

Jack