Spyderco's First Flipper!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HighDesertSpyder

Flip On

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

:spyder: I have completely reversed course on this model. I had vowed that I would not own a flipper. So, flip away gents!
:spyder:74:spyder:
jossta

Post by jossta »

Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

Sweetness!! I believe I need to start saving for this knife. It looks like so sorry Tuff! Where do we pre-order?
Cheers!
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I'm def in for this one. Love the g10 titanium combo, blade shape and the flipper function. Plus, it's just a all around good looking knife.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

This looks great. A flipper when you need it, and a hole when you don't. Can't see why anyone could be upset about that. It also looks as if the blade is 3.5 to 4 inches which is good (the bigger the better for me). My only concern is the weight, balance, and thickness. I find that flipper folders handle much better when they are on the lighter side and are balanced, just because you do not have a solid grip on the knife when you move your hand up on the handle to use the flipper. Too thick of a handle or blade could add too much weight. If they can keep the weight on this folder in the 4-5 oz range, I am definitely in!
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...