still hunting for a Yellow Aqua

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIMAL

still hunting for a Yellow Aqua

Post by MANIMAL »

i need, NEED a yellow Aqua plain edge - anyone have any idea or am I forever gonna go without? im dying here
araneae

Post by araneae »

Ebay or sale threads on knife forums.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
rycen

Post by rycen »

We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I would buy a SE one from Warriors and Wonder's for a nice price and enjoy it's supreme uberness over PE. :) jk (but not really)
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

ive never sharpened a serrated edge before and that is why i was searching for PE
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

MANIMAL wrote:ive never sharpened a serrated edge before and that is why i was searching for PE
Oh just kidding with ya :) . Problem is the price you are going to pay at this point for a discontinued Aqua Salt PE, while completely unjustifiable, is at the whim of the market.

For $65 or so you can get a Spyderco BoB Moran FB02 which is a similar knife but VG10 instead of H1. As long as you are remotely careful regarding corrosion it will take an edge and hold it better in PE.

Heck, for the price of a AQ PE you could probably almost buy a Street Beat.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

PM sent.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

aaaaaand i got one - thanks hiredgun! and thanks to the rest of ya for your efforts to help me track one down this afternoon
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Glad you found it, they are GREAT knives. Both PE and serrated. BTW, you can get the serrated blades VERY SHARP (better than new) with the white stones on the Spyderco sharpmaker. I recently did a couple serrated blades for a neighbor including an electric fillet knife. He couldn't get over how sharp they were. Bought a fillet glove as he was scared he was gonna cut the doodie out of himself with the electic knife. Enjoy, these are great in the hand. If you're going to be around water, put a lanyard on first thing.
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

yep i just bought a new creekcompany pontoon late last year- so this is goin right on the PFD - already got the lanyard ready - if this knife drops im drowning going after it
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Woot nice find! Glad it worked out for ya :)
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

araneae wrote:Ebay or sale threads on knife forums.
+1

If you are patient, you can get a good deal on Ebay. I also was after the same exact knife, and after 2-3 months waiting, I bought a new one on Ebay for $70 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110828833166?ss ... 1439.l2649

Will
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

been lookin on EBAY for a good part of 1 year - bad timing as I never found a yellow PE when I was searching but am glad to have one on the way
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

MANIMAL wrote:yep i just bought a new creekcompany pontoon late last year- so this is goin right on the PFD - already got the lanyard ready - if this knife drops im drowning going after it
Get a floatie keychain and attach it to the lanyard hole.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

SolidState wrote:Get a floatie keychain and attach it to the lanyard hole.
Or...

http://www.water-buoy.com/

Boom. Money~ =)
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Jeff at CS has two posted on his closeout page!
Clip

Post by Clip »

Thanks a lot MachSchnell, now I'm fighting with myself whether to get one or not! I'd been tormented when he put up the yellow serrated ones and I told myself, "if only it were plain edge I'd jump on it."

This is why we can't have nice things.

Update: just caved and got one. Thanks for the tip!
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Clip wrote:Thanks a lot MachSchnell, now I'm fighting with myself whether to get one or not! I'd been tormented when he put up the yellow serrated ones and I told myself, "if only it were plain edge I'd jump on it."

This is why we can't have nice things.

Update: just caved and got one. Thanks for the tip!
I did the same exact thing :p . I really thought about getting one of the SE ones and missed out on them... I've wanted a PE one and only saw them from time to time on eBay for a premium over MSRP, so I don't mind paying MSRP for one.
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

Like to have a SE AQUA myself...Yeah...like finding a RockSalt...
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Clip wrote:Thanks a lot MachSchnell, now I'm fighting with myself whether to get one or not! I'd been tormented when he put up the yellow serrated ones and I told myself, "if only it were plain edge I'd jump on it."
Heh exact same here...

Where is Jeff's closeout page?