Caly Super Blue is now Caly ZDP CF

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DeltaWhiskey

Caly Super Blue is now Caly ZDP CF

Post by DeltaWhiskey »

First ever Spydie that went back for blade play :( ... Customer service told me it was safe and they would send it back, but that the play was excessive and they could give me a credit for it since they had no more in stock to replace it with. I went with the Caly ZDP-189 CF...dissapointed in losing the Super Blue, but happy with the customer service! I loved the SB hope I love the ZDP. :cool:
"Please forgive me dear...I bought another knife"
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

****, that really sucks!! Sorry to hear that you lost the SB...I love that steel. Maybe you could have asked for a delay and then got the 3.5 Caly CF with ZDP?
On the hunt for...
DeltaWhiskey

Post by DeltaWhiskey »

Thought about that and I could have carried a credit until it came out, but I'm not that patient :)
"Please forgive me dear...I bought another knife"
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

Same thing happened to me except I went with a Gayle Bradley as they didn't have any more SB Caly 3.5 around.

Luckily I had a back up of the Caly 3.5 SB, but it hasn't been used much as the GB has become a favorite.
Sht

Post by Sht »

Could I ask just how bad the blade play was? I might be in the same boat as you with my bob lum tanto sprint run. Just trying to see what they might say, I have yet to send it in.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times