Spyderco VT out of business

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

TazKristi wrote:Just to be clear, without giving out any confidential information, this business closing was not initiated by or the result of any decision from Spyderco. We do have a standard requirement for a brick & mortar presence, however we have in the past made exceptions to that policy and we do have several accounts that are online only retailers. We are very picky about accepting an online only dealer and that is out of respect for the brick & mortar dealers who have supported us for years as well as out of respect for you our ELU. Spydercovt.com's decision to no longer be a Spyderco dealer was solely his own and we would never terminate an existing dealership on a technicality. Just like everything else we do, we believe in doing business in a fair, proper and honest manner.

Kristi
catamount wrote:Thank you for explaining that Kristi. I apologize if I inadvertently gave the impression that Spyderco shut me down or dropped me as a dealer. The decision was mine alone. My relationship with Spyderco has been an excellent one. I will miss the professional, and just plain "good people", I have had the pleasure of dealing with there.
Just to be clear (and I hope it already was clear :) ) that I didn't reach any negative conclusions about any aspect of this (other than losing Tom as a dealer) - and I don't think anyone else who posted here has, either. :) There's no criticism, express or implied. :spyder:
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

Sorry to hear.

Anyone wanna cash mob?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Sorry to hear it, Tom - best of luck with any other endeavors and for your integrity while you were spydercovt.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
cckw

Post by cckw »

I didn't even know his store existed. But always hate to see any small business close up.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

Tom, thanks for the exceptional customer service you have always provided with the Spyderco knives I bought from you. The lefty Millie you handpicked for my friend heading to the Sandbox was much appreciated by him. You are truly one of the best! I wish you the best of luck with your next endeavors.

Tom & Kristi, thanks for clarifying what happened with SpydercoVT. I like seeing the Shiny Footprints.

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

Sorry to see Tom go, good luck in the future.
I have too many expensive hobbies to even consider another one.
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

I have not been around for a long time but I'm very sad to see Tom Berry leave the business, however, Life is a continuous cycle of change, mine is.

Just to back other comments, Tom's always, and I mean always, been a first class person to do business with. Our lives would be a little bit easier and a lot better, if all dealers behaved as he does/did.

For other reasons, I have removed myself from collecting Spyderco knives and sold the vast majority of my large collection here in Australia. I may return to collecting, who knows, stranger things have happened! :rolleyes: ;)

My personal and very best wishes got to Tom and his Family.

I tips me hat to you sir! :)

Regards,

BRIAN