sprint run on Stretch 2 with leaf shape blade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
angusW

Postby angusW » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 pm

There's nothing wrong with the blade shape as it is so I'd prefer to keep it the same, VG-10 or Cobalt. As far as the handle goes, I do like G-10 but I understand that frn wouldn't allow the knives to sit on a shelf as much. The brown G-10 on the s35vn would look nice though.

Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

DedRok

Postby DedRok » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Although the normal Stretch blade isn't the most cosmetic appealing for some people, but for me I love the design... feels nice to put your thumb on there.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!

Ukelay

Postby Ukelay » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:24 am

Man, I love the stretch as it is, but if we could just get some different frn colors(thinking delica/endura 4), with vg10, that would be a godsend! :D

Rutgrr

Postby Rutgrr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

sal wrote:My leaning would still be an FRN version, different color handle, maybe an odd steel.

I would probably opt for the "new" style tip on the grounds that, as mentioned, you can reshape the tip if you want to, but broken tips were too much of a CS issue. Maybe we can find a custom maker here on the forum that can make the mod for you.

I'm not opposed to a bolstered version, but that would probably keep the current blade shape. An experimental bolstered version or even a G-10 version really jacks up the cost and my concern is extra inventory sitting on a shelf and then being closed out at a loss. I think a bolstered version with damascus blade and polished G-10 could work.

So, I'll propose a Stretch sprint, straight spine, FRN handle with one of the new flat grind Endel colors? Steel could be VG-10, Super Blue, Cobalt special, or?

sal

Just throwing it out there but what about this:

The experimental bolstered version using brass, smooth red G-10, and either Super Blue or Cobalt. Or perhaps just Navy Blue FRN and either Super Blue or Cobalt. Either one would be awesome!
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ravana

Postby Ravana » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I second Rutgrr.

I would love to see a maroon/dark red with some brass bolsters. Harken back to a more romantic era!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”