Amsterdam Meet 2012 Report

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'm done for now, more tomorrow...
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Woo hoo! My dream sprint is coming! A burgundy Lum Tanto FB! That will make my year!!
:bug-red-white
eloreno

Post by eloreno »

Wow, that Lum Tanto is a beauty. The sheath looks great as well. Must have.
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

No Chaparral again, today? *sigh*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Mr Blonde wrote:I have very few regrets in my knife collection, but not getting a Lum Tanto FB when I could, many years ago, is definitely one of them.
+1 My biggest regret on passing this blade. And I did this twice. :o :o
I saw this blade on the knife show in 2007 for $127 and passed because box was distorted. I hope I will be able to afford this one.
Mr Blonde wrote: Image
This is the killer blade and I love leather sheath
Mr Blonde wrote:I'm done for now, more tomorrow...
Why, it is not that late yet :)
Thank you for great job. I really appreciate. And I am not alone on this.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
computernut

Post by computernut »

Mr Blonde wrote:Despite the Damascus Delicas from the previous two years, this one still caught me by surprise. The Caly 3 Damascus Sprint is the latest in a line of folding knives that started over 15 years ago.

When I saw those Caly Damascus pics on your blog I said "WOW" out loud.
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

Sal -
Any chance the Caly 3 Damascus will be out for purchase at Blade in Atl in June?

Super Sweet!
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow, that Caly is amazing. What steel is being used as the core of the damascus?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
HighDesertSpyder

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

evil d wrote:wow, that caly is amazing. What steel is being used as the core of the damascus?
vg-10
:spyder:74:spyder:
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and excellent pics. :D
I thought that this year was going to be epic on the Para2 Sprints alone, but these new knives just blew my mind... and my wallet. :eek:
I have been patiently waiting for the Szabo, and it does not disappoint. The blade shape is totally unique - I can't wait to get the finished knife into my hands for some serious cutting. I am psyched about this full-sized knife - it looks like it could be in the league of the Millie. I'm thinking a "murdered-out" version with DLC blade and black hardware would just be... wicked. :cool:
The Lum Tanto FB is quite the surprise. The original ones are way out of my budget, so hopefully the Sprints will be produced in such numbers that they are easily available (as Sprints go), and priced accordingly. :)
Am I the only one who thinks that the clip looks clunky and out of place on the Fluted Titanium Native5? It just looks off... :confused:

Once again, thanks Wouter for the professional-grade photos, and a hearty "Job Well Done" to Sal, Eric, and the whole Spyderco crew for another epic year of Spyderco goodness. You sure know the way to a man's... wallet. :spyder:
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Wow, that Caly really does look nice. It looks like it's gained weight with the bolsters, but still pretty slender. I've already harvested my limit of this particular market niche for this year (and probably next), though.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I hate to sound like a party-pooper, but the only things that I am really digging are that Caly 3 and the GB Air. That may change. I thought the Dialex Jr was hideous until I bought one out of curiousity. Now I like it.
feed_the_animals

Post by feed_the_animals »

Gorgeous! I hope this is the death knell of screwed bolsters. Keep up the pinning please!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Either way, it's just a pre-production prototype! :)
Donut wrote:This is a 3 dimensional scale. It really is triangle shaped, and you are viewing it from at the smallest dimension of the triangle.

I am leaning towards it not being too thin.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I'm hoping that Lum Tanto FB is not too expensive. Looks like a quality sheath and the knife is sweet. I like the colour of those scales.

It looks like the Nilakka and the Lum are the ones that are doing it for me at this time. Can't wait for Wouter to return with more pics tomorrow. Thanks again.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I reeeeeeally hope that Caly 3 comes along with Ti bolsters...seems only fitting.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I enjoy these threads a lot but almost never post in them. In this case, I just have to say: I realllllly like that Caly!
Mr Blonde wrote:Despite the Damascus Delicas from the previous two years, this one still caught me by surprise. The Caly 3 Damascus Sprint is the latest in a line of folding knives that started over 15 years ago.

Sal explained that this model was made by popular demand, customers asked for it so they made it. This Caly 3 sprint run is destined to be a fine collector’s piece. If I recall correctly, the Damascus blade was made by Takefu in Japan, who also made the Damascus blades for the Delicas. It’s not a true Damascus, but it’s stainless so you can use it comfortably if you’d want to.

I’m not sure on the bolster material. The handle is carbon fiber. The knife felt nice and hefty, but not too heavy. The liners are still skeletonized, the same way as with the regular Caly 3 model. I’m definitely going to try to get one. I’m nuts for the Calypso jr./Caly 3/UKPK pattern of Spyderco knives.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

The Caly is ridiculously gorgeous. Thanks again, Mr. Blonde.

- best wishes, Jazz.
guidosst

Post by guidosst »

Wow, the Caly and Lum sprints really have my attention, they're officially on the list.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Cool to see paperstone on the Lum. I started pestering a while back to see if Sal had looked at that material. Clearly they found a great frame to attach it to.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal