How about some premium steel sprint runs in black G10?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderdog

How about some premium steel sprint runs in black G10?

Post by spyderdog »

Don't get me wrong......... I like the occasional non traditional color. There do seem to be a number of people who prefer the basic and classic black though. I'm included in that. I'd love to have a para 2 in black g10 with a really good steel. A black para 2 or a black military in M390............that would be fantastic, and IMO ten times better than bright blue. I'm not sure I totally understand why all sprints have to be a color. just my thoughts
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I do agree that I prefer black and would like to see sprints in it, but I do understand why the scale color is changed for them too.
And the M390 Millie that was just released was in peel ply CF which is essentially black.
On the hunt for...
Nemonomicon

Post by Nemonomicon »

I completely agree with Spyderdog.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
i'll have to say i don't get the big uproar about all the new colors.
i do like the fg g10 knives, but the black handles just seem "right" to me.
just my $.02.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Holland

Post by Holland »

change the blade from the m390 with a plain one
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Holland wrote:change the blade from the m390 with a plain one
X2

Or you could RIT dye???
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Holland

Post by Holland »

in fact, whenever i get my green para 2, i wouldnt mind trading the scales for orange or blue.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Don't limit the idea to the Para - I'd love to see the UKPK FRN in a premium steel. We have had S30V on the UKPK G10 and I love the N690Co on the Squeak but I'd really like to see M390 or CTS-XHP or CPM-S90V on a really lightweight (and cheap!) platform like the FRN :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Most people consider s30v a premium steel. M390, s90v, 20cp, 204p, m4...these are exotic and while not "better" have certain advantages. In fact, Hinderer uses XHP and Chris Reeves uses CPM-s35vn. It's easy to expect things when we have such generous experimentation on the product line (thank you Sal).

Lastly maybe we should urge for an exotic steel in a non-Para2. Like anything else for a change :) .
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I will agree with the ukpk idea. Even having something like N690Co or XHP which are fairly common steels these days, would be nice to see on a ukpk. I would even be happy if it were on a FRN version because that is probably the knife that gets the most use for me because it is my around the house carry.
On the hunt for...
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Blerv wrote: In fact, Hinderer uses XHP and Chris Reeves uses CPM-s35vn.
Actually, Sal has spoiled me to the extent that I EXPECT an exotic steel in an expensive (mid-tech) personal knife like CRK's.
I don't want XHP or S35V.

and...yes... my thanks to Sal and Company for great products.
Sonny
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

spyderdog wrote:I'm not sure I totally understand why all sprints have to be a color. just my thoughts
I'm with you.

I can think of one example where they did a sprint with a black G-10 handle. The Manix2. I hope they do it with the Para2 as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>