Gayle Bradley II

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
roninair

Gayle Bradley II

Post by roninair »

I would like to see a Gayle Bradley in a shorter version ,say 7 inch,and a steel.... hmm like 154 cm ,the Gayle Bradley looks like a man`s knife but looks like it takes up alot of acreage in the hand and pocket to me .I have not had the pleasure to hold one yet .....any thoughts ?
rg02

Post by rg02 »

IMO the GB is perfect the way it is :D

It would be cool to see a GB2 maybe a tad smaller and with M390. The GB Air is coming out this year----- have you checked that out?

If yOu want 154cm buy a Manix 2!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Sht

Post by Sht »

I have said this a few times before now but I want a GB XL & GB small. Dont go messing around with the steel, blade shape, or the handle. Spyderco has plenty of knives if you don't like the GB.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Love the GB and the only thing that I would ever change would be maybe to improve it's blade to handle ratio a bit.

Seeing a larger GB would be so great! Same construction...no skeletonized liners or any BS like that, same great steel...maybe a 4.25 inch blade.

Smaller...meh, the Air will be that. Sorta. And that is pretty cool. Though offering the Air with a drop point blade would be mega sweet!
On the hunt for...
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

roninair wrote:I would like to see a Gayle Bradley in a shorter version ,say 7 inch,and a steel.... hmm like 154 cm ,the Gayle Bradley looks like a man`s knife but looks like it takes up alot of acreage in the hand and pocket to me .I have not had the pleasure to hold one yet .....any thoughts ?
I felt that way until I handled one. Mine is now a keeper. I like the way it fills my hand and the opening action is the as smooth as the Sage 1 and Chokwe, which means smooooth.
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

I am in total agreement everyone should have II Gayle Bradleys in the stable. John
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

No thanks, keep it the way it is. Perfect.

"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Not a big fan of the GB, personal opinion, but I don't find it to be that comfortable in hand, I am always searching for a better grip when I carry mine. Since it is not that comfortable for me it doesn't get the hard use it deserves. So a smaller version would not be on my wish list. A scaled down Para 2 would be.

Good thing Spyderco offers so many options.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Bigger, smaller.... Just don't change the steel!

Ken
玉鋼
jossta

Post by jossta »

Love the GB as is myself.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

No way, 154CM. The CPM M4 is why I bought the knife, it's fantastic steel. Actually I would not have bought this large and heavy a knife otherwise.
A 3 1/8" blade would work for me.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

maybe we will see proto pics of the gb 2 in just a few days from amsterdam meet :D
SMI

Post by SMI »

I have to agree that 154 would be a huge step back. I don't know anyone that prefers that over m4, especially in this type of folder.
Sht

Post by Sht »

The only thing the Air & GB have in common is M4 steel. I'm not saying change the GB just make a large & small one to go along with the original.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

I just got mine and I love it. The handle/grip is a perfect size for me. I don't mind the weight and it fits perfectly in my front right pocket along with my wallet. If I were to change anything, I would try to get a bit longer blade in there, but it is near perfect the way it is. Larger or smaller versions would be welcome too, if they were of the same design and materials.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Several people have said leave the GB alone, the way it is. I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THAT. I can't think of anything I'd want to change about the GB. But a brand new smaller model would be nice probably. I'd want the liners to still be as thick as the GB in production now. I wouldn't want a smaller GB to loose anything in the way of toughness or strength, just size. I'm sure lots of people would disagree with that. They would want it lighter which I can understand and if it was lighter I'd still get one if I wanted it. That wouldn't be a deal breaker. A smaller one might be better with easier access to the lockbar but I'd have to hold one before I'd have an opinion on that. I have no problem with the lock now, in fact I like it the way it is. Some have had their's modified to ease access to the lock and that is really a great mod if you want it. I think deathby said he'd want a bigger one. My feeling of the GB is that would be a very nice knife for those who like larger knives. It wouldn't be for me but I bet two or three people would buy one. :)

Blade steel: That's a tough one for a lot of people. Let me simplify it for you. CPM-M4. :)

Blade length: 2.9" Should be legal in most places you can carry a locking folder.

Handle material: That's a tough one for a lot of people. Let me simplify it for you. Twill CF. :)

There you go Sal. You have the specs. Now just put a GB in the knife shrinking machine and make a few thousand of them.

The Air looks like a great knife but I wouldn't consider it a smaller GB. It looks like a completely different animal IMO.

That's enough thought put into something that probably won't happen. :( :)

Jack
roninair

Post by roninair »

I like your Gayle Bradley II Jack..... sounds like what I would prefer to have in my pocket a heavy duty GB !
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I love my GB, was cleaning, stropping, and lubing her today. I only wish the original design had a little more relief around the Spydie-hole. This allows for easier access to the hole for opening and the liner-lock for closing. One smoooooth knife. :)
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

jackknifeh wrote:Several people have said leave the GB alone, the way it is. I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THAT. I can't think of anything I'd want to change about the GB. But a brand new smaller model would be nice probably. I'd want the liners to still be as thick as the GB in production now. I wouldn't want a smaller GB to loose anything in the way of toughness or strength, just size. I'm sure lots of people would disagree with that. They would want it lighter which I can understand and if it was lighter I'd still get one if I wanted it. That wouldn't be a deal breaker. A smaller one might be better with easier access to the lockbar but I'd have to hold one before I'd have an opinion on that. I have no problem with the lock now, in fact I like it the way it is. Some have had their's modified to ease access to the lock and that is really a great mod if you want it. I think deathby said he'd want a bigger one. My feeling of the GB is that would be a very nice knife for those who like larger knives. It wouldn't be for me but I bet two or three people would buy one. :)

Blade steel: That's a tough one for a lot of people. Let me simplify it for you. CPM-M4. :)

Blade length: 2.9" Should be legal in most places you can carry a locking folder.

Handle material: That's a tough one for a lot of people. Let me simplify it for you. Twill CF. :)

There you go Sal. You have the specs. Now just put a GB in the knife shrinking machine and make a few thousand of them.

The Air looks like a great knife but I wouldn't consider it a smaller GB. It looks like a completely different animal IMO.

That's enough thought put into something that probably won't happen. :( :)

Jack
Jack, that is perfect...as long as they DON'T cut a relief into the scale...those people with thumbs that don't work properly can have that done to it :D . But we can't have that material added back.
On the hunt for...
takacskr

Post by takacskr »

In my opinion GB is perfect. I don't really like both short blades and 154CM. If I chose an other steel for GB I would choose M390.