Going to buy a Para2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Seven

Going to buy a Para2

Post by Seven »

While I cant handle waiting for the dodo, im going to buy a para mil 2, a all black one I guess, Id like a Yojimbo2 or a grey para2 but I missed the boat on that one. And the brown ones.....brown. Ive put off getting a para2 cause of other knife interests but im coming back to spydertown.
______
Eric.
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

amazing knife, the end...
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

amazing knife, the end.
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
Seven

Post by Seven »

Is there two verisons of the all black ? Cause I see some with satin screws and recently seen one with all black hardware, I needa narrow down the item number of that'un.
______
Eric.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

I believe that the new ones all have black hardware and only the older ones had uncoated screws?
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

In my opinion, the Para2 is the best production knife for the money made in the US. :spyder: The Gray CTS-20CP Para2 to is still available for around $220 if you search around a bit. If you have a little extra to spend over the all-black Para2, I would strongly suggest the Blue M390 version from Bento Box. It's $180, but I think that the cost is worth it twofold: it's a limited Dealer Exclusive, and M390 is a better steel than S30V. Some people do not like the blue, but I think it looks unique. I hope this helps - whatever version you choose, you can't loose! :D
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

All of the raving you have heard about the Para 2 is true. It is (without question) a superbly crafted knife. It is one of the most popular Spydercos of all time and with good reason. Not to mention the many "Sprint Runs" it has spawned. The variety of colored G10 handles , stainless skeletonized liners , Compression Lock , perfect feel and great weight and the awesome blade shape. The list goes on. The blade is nice and thick at the base and tapers perfectly to the tip. Quite a few different steels to choose from if you're considering any of the Sprints. I have been absolutely thrilled with the standard S30V blade. But there are also a couple Carpenter Steel versions and a nice M390 one too. You simply cannot go wrong with any of them.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Just picked up a Grey Para last week for $140, just have to keep your eyes open...
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

jossta wrote:Just picked up a Grey Para last week for $140, just have to keep your eyes open...
Where did you find that deal??
jossta

Post by jossta »

USN classifieds. It was carried, but w/ box. I've seen some go on other sites for $150-175 though. Just gotta be quick....
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

jossta wrote:USN classifieds. It was carried, but w/ box. I've seen some go on other sites for $150-175 though. Just gotta be quick....
I guess I am not quick enough! :)

The only ones I find are $220 or higher!
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Para 2 is a great choice and a great value. But the Blue M390 version which is still available from the Bento Box Shop (or the Grey CTS 20CP if you can find one for equal or less than Blue M390), both offer much better edge holding than the S30V versions, so if that is important to you, those are well worth the extra cost.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

I would have agree with the statement that a Paramilitary 2 is one of the best edc folders available. Especially Shen you consider the value of what you get for the price.

Easily my favorite all around knife. Just be careful how you use it, the tip is quite delicate.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

mongatu wrote:Para 2 is a great choice and a great value. But the Blue M390 version which is still available from the Bento Box Shop (or the Grey CTS 20CP if you can find one for equal or less than Blue M390), both offer much better edge holding than the S30V versions, so if that is important to you, those are well worth the extra cost.
I think I will only be after the Para 2's, not the militaries as they are bigger and I dont like the 4 inch blades. I keep looking at the blue M390 but just not sure if I can bring myself to order one for $180 plus $10 shipping.

I did get one of the green 204p ones on pre-order though and just wanted another one or two so I could compare steels, usage, etc.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

sir_mike wrote:I think I will only be after the Para 2's, not the militaries as they are bigger and I dont like the 4 inch blades. I keep looking at the blue M390 but just not sure if I can bring myself to order one for $180 plus $10 shipping.

I did get one of the green 204p ones on pre-order though and just wanted another one or two so I could compare steels, usage, etc.
Not sure why you quoted me as I didn't say anything about the Militaries. ??

But since the 204P is supposed to be almost identical to M390, I don't see why you would need the M390 version of the P2, unless you are collecting every example.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Yeah, I am not sure either, must have been a mistake!

I have heard the 204P is supposed to be alot like the M390 and the only reason to get the M390 is the blue handles but I am sure I wont pay the premium just for the blue! :)
Seven

Post by Seven »

That blues pretty but I dont know if I can spend the extra at this time.
______
Eric.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Should be here monday :D
______
Eric.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I personally do not think the blue is worth the money. However I do own one because I really wanted it. I also got the gray 20cp for a touch less for the same reason. I think $150 or less is ideal, just depends on how bad you want it
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point