Brown S35 Para 2 Shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

michaelm466 wrote:Well, I was successfully avoiding this one until today (had decided I wouldn't get this one because of the similarity in steel to regular production, yet $40 mark up in price) then I found it for $104 at a store I don't usually shop at while looking for a different knife, oh well I guess this way I'll have all PM2 Sprints. I'll try to remember to post up some pics with my other three and the brown military when I receive it.
I think I might know where you're talking about. I did a search after posting earlier and found a site selling for $104 which is supposed to be a legit/reputable site. Hoping the deal goes thorough. Will make it a worthwhile purchase; I'm hoping for the best on this one
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

INFRNL wrote:I think I might know where you're talking about. I did a search after posting earlier and found a site selling for $104 which is supposed to be a legit/reputable site. Hoping the deal goes thorough. Will make it a worthwhile purchase; I'm hoping for the best on this one
I called earlier today to verify it was in stock, the guy owner answered (Fred), said yes, they were in stock, also called about another knife that had been up earlier this week, but was no longer on the site, which he said were sold out, which makes me think he keeps his site pretty up to date.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

all by Agent_Ohm, on Flickr

brown by Agent_Ohm, on Flickr

rounded by Agent_Ohm, on Flickr

the top of the blade is more rounded (sebenza like) than my 20CP para, CQI perhaps?
In omnia paratus
Donut

Post by Donut »

Agent_Ohm wrote: the top of the blade is more rounded (sebenza like) than my 20CP para, CQI perhaps?
Thanks a lot for the pictures. Excellent comparisons.

I just checked my Blue Para (most recent one) and the edges are not rounded. I wonder if Monteng asked for it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

michaelm466 wrote:I called earlier today to verify it was in stock, the guy owner answered (Fred), said yes, they were in stock, also called about another knife that had been up earlier this week, but was no longer on the site, which he said were sold out, which makes me think he keeps his site pretty up to date.
Ingot an email saying it shipped today! It's not listed on the site anymore either, glad I ordered when I did. I am glad we got the price we did, unbeatable and makes this knife more worthwhile to own.

@ AO: thanks for the pics, looks great!
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Agent_Ohm wrote: the top of the blade is more rounded (sebenza like) than my 20CP para, CQI perhaps?
CQI, probably - but just a slight chamfer. The Sebenza is truly rounded, very different. This is a nice little detail, though....better in the pocket, though I guess I won't be able to use the spine as a scaper any more (as I have occasionally done).
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

Sure, I'm going broke thanks to the Para 2 line....
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Agent Ohm. Ohm. Ohm.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Oh the papers it says, "CMP S30V." Haha
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

mossypara by Agent_Ohm, on Flickr
In omnia paratus
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

Great pictures — thank you for posting them!
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

Got mine today.... ;-)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

crankitup wrote:Got mine today.... ;-)
So how does it look? Is the blade scratched up like some are saying?
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

Got mine Tuesday, and it looks great. Really like the Brown G-10, blade centered, no blade play, and the lock feels great.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

sir_mike wrote:So how does it look? Is the blade scratched up like some are saying?
I did have a damaged front end. (rolled a little but has nothing to do with it being s35vn) Easy fix on a sharpmaker though.
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

I got mine, and its nice!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Mine arrived today. The brown G10 is a lot warmer than I originally thought. The action and lock are all smooth as glass - the Spyderco CQI is really kicking into high gear! I'm going to start rotating this one into my weekend lineup with the original black s30v model.

P.S. - The wood behind the Para2 is some quartersawn cocobolo I received today. Can you say "Elmax Mule"?

TedP

Mr_Moe

Post by Mr_Moe »

Just ordered one from Lighthound. My very first Para 2. Brown, especially coyote brown, is my favorite gear related color.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Very happy!

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Just wanted to add my PM2 Family. Put Millie in for comparison. I think the Brown para is a shade darker/richer than the Millie. Also my Brown PM2 came as perfect as can be, none of the reported issues. Blade is centered, smooth, no scratches, grind is great, and does not appear to have any rounding on the spline that i can tell.