Any word on the Orange Dodo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

zippy2001 wrote:Sweet looking knife! I just ordered mine from the Spyderco Store.
Thanks for the info. I checked the site, emailed the store to confirm stock, and hopefully I'll have one next week! $127 with Free Shipping. WOOHOO. :D
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

KC sent me an e-mail saying my pre-order was shipped today. :)
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Just got my shopping confirmation from KW :cool:
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

What the? Starting to see these online. I thought they usually get announced prior to shipping.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Got mine in today!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

c.joe wrote:Got mine in today!
You mean, you just received your orange Dodo today? :eek: C'mon and post some pics, man! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Seven

Post by Seven »

Heard one place only got 5 in to ship out to pre orders, why such a low amount ?
______
Eric.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I pre-ordered through KC before I knew about their infinite pre-order policy. I'm preparing myself for a KY jelly moment.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

SpyderNut wrote:You mean, you just received your orange Dodo today? :eek: C'mon and post some pics, man! :D
IIRC, he's become a dealer and was expecting his shipment from the distributor today.
Seven wrote:Heard one place only got 5 in to ship out to pre orders, why such a low amount ?
First batch to get shipped. The number probably seems low because a) a good chunk of the batch was allotted to the collectors club, and b) the remaining knives from that batch were probably split up among lots and lots of dealers.

Don't worry, more will follow as Spyderco makes them. If you're referring to the dealer I think you are, I was lucky enough to be one of the first 5 to pre-order and mine is now on its way to me. :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

I placed my order with the Spyderco Store last night at 6pm. I received a shipping notice this morning. VA to MD shouldn't take very long! I'm super excited.
Seven

Post by Seven »

I thought I was pretty quick on the pre order to the place were talkin about but I must have not been in the top 5 lol.
______
Eric.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Seven wrote:Heard one place only got 5 in to ship out to pre orders, why such a low amount ?
Most likely Spyderco shipped only first batch. With large runs like 1000 pieces it takes time to build entire order. Even looking at the latest exclusives like 800 mily or para, they were shipped in two batches.
Do not worry, 1000 is a large lot, anybody who will put some efforts will get orange Dodo.
Mine already on the way, but I placed pre-order with my favorite dealer in the march of 2010 :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jkh

Post by jkh »

did KW just put their preorders up? or did they have theirs up along time ago? i put an order in but hope its not like KC where they just keep taking infinite orders..
Seven

Post by Seven »

idk KW but BHQ had theirs up after they was first talked about after some knife show "forgot which" I hope they get more tho..
______
Eric.
wolfstyle

Post by wolfstyle »

Just put my preorder in with Howes. Hope I'm not to late.

wolfstyle
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

wsdavies wrote:I pre-ordered through KC before I knew about their infinite pre-order policy. I'm preparing myself for a KY jelly moment.
I'm right there with you getting ready to grab my ankles on this one. I should have learned that KC likes to sell things they don't have the first time it happened to me. Looks like I'm going to have to get the carbon fiber one.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SolidState wrote:I'm right there with you getting ready to grab my ankles on this one. I should have learned that KC likes to sell things they don't have the first time it happened to me. Looks like I'm going to have to get the carbon fiber one.
Argh. That is not good. I think we'll both be in the same boat on this one. :( Oh well. Live and learn, I suppose.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

My Orange Dodo has landed. Cool little knife. Only wish it had some jimping though.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:Just got my shopping confirmation from KW :cool:
Me too :D
eloreno

Post by eloreno »

I got mine today. It is a definite improvement over the blue one I've got. I'll do a comparison when I can compare them side by side. One obvious upgrade on the orange one is the phosphor bronze washers, which the blue one didn't have.