Any word on the Orange Dodo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SolidState

Any word on the Orange Dodo?

Post by SolidState »

I've seen a few different drop dates come and go. I was wondering if there is any idea on how far off in the horizon this one is going to be. Any input would be welcome.

Thanks!
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

SolidState wrote:I've seen a few different drop dates come and go. I was wondering if there is any idea on how far off in the horizon this one is going to be. Any input would be welcome.

Thanks!
As it's in the 2012 catalog and the other sprints are out (or close-to) I have to think this one will be relatively soon. Eric mentioned the CF one later in the year so one would think they would spread the two runs out a bit.

Then again, I wouldn't take those guesses to the bank. Heck, I wouldn't take them to a back-alley pawn shop.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

It has to be fairly close - the last dates I saw were "mid-late February" - and we are in that window now. They didn't say what year, however. :cool:

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Hope it comes soon. I need to stagger my credit card payments. Hopefully as follows:
Orange Dodo = March 2012
Orange Para 2 = April 2012
Green Para 2 = Jun 2012
That leaves extra money available in May ,maybe I could take a vacation. Or I could find another spydie to get!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

I sent an email to Knife Center to confirm they were still taking pre-orders. This is the reply:
"We are still taking orders for the Dodo. We're expecting them to start arriving within the next week or so."
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

This will be my first Dodo and my first Spydie with orange G10! YES, orange G10, YEEHAAWWWW! I also have a pre-order for the orange G10 Paramilitary 2, I cannot wait to hold both of them orange bad boys in my hands!
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Azwaiian wrote:This will be my first Dodo and my first Spydie with orange G10! YES, orange G10, YEEHAAWWWW!!
Here the same, it will be Spydie nr 92 in my collection but my first Dodo and my first orange knife :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Seven

Post by Seven »

Cant wait! Ive been wanting one for a very long time ill take any color handle as long as its a plain edge lol.
______
Eric.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Seven wrote:Cant wait! Ive been wanting one for a very long time ill take any color handle as long as its a plain edge lol.
Don't let JD Spydo hear you say that! :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I see that great minds think alike!
xceptnl wrote:Hope it comes soon. I need to stagger my credit card payments. Hopefully as follows:
Orange Dodo = March 2012
Orange Para 2 = April 2012
Green Para 2 = Jun 2012
That leaves extra money available in May ,maybe I could take a vacation. Or I could find another spydie to get!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
iamhoss

Post by iamhoss »

FROM YESTERDAY:
_______________________________________________________________________________-

Comments: Hi. It's been a long time since I lost the last of my 3 Dodos. Do you have any information on when you plan to release the sprint run of 1000 orange Dodos that is currently on the table? I am waiting as patiently as I can. Thanks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Jeff,

The Orange Dodo should be released within the next month or two. If you would like us to email you when they are available let us know.

Spyderco Factory Outlet
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403

Phone: 800-828-1925 x4
Direct: 303-279-8613 x4
Fax: 303-278-2057

http://www.Spyderco.com
http://www.BaliYo.com
"Yes Occifer, she said KINKY...... That's "K" as in KNIFE...." "OUCH"!!!!
BAL

Post by BAL »

I wore an orange hoodie today and I thought that you talking about me.
If so, I am doing fine.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Looking back I don't recall a more sought after and begged for return of a Spyderco design than the Dodo. Talk about a knife that was released before its time! Now here we are on the eve of the release of the Orange Sprint Dodo and quite possibly the herald of the apocalypse too. :eek:
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

One would think that with such a seemingly huge interest in this run that they might bring it back to the regular lineup. I for one would like to see it, don't know if my order for one will be filled, but I am hoping. No way I"m going to pay an inflated ebay "flip" price just to get one either.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Yea I put a couple of pre-orders in with a couple of sites, but you never know. Seems like a bit of a one way street that they can change their mind and send your money back, but if you change your mind they keep your money.
Sithus1966 wrote:One would think that with such a seemingly huge interest in this run that they might bring it back to the regular lineup. I for one would like to see it, don't know if my order for one will be filled, but I am hoping. No way I"m going to pay an inflated ebay "flip" price just to get one either.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Hoss,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

on the Dodo, I received my production sample yesterday. Should be soon.

sal
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Thank you Sal for the wonderful news!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

That is terrific news. Thanks Sal.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

That's great news. Thank you sal, I cant wait for these to come out.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Anybody know when the original black dodo was released? I saw in the discontinued section that it was MSRP $47.00. This new sprint is MSRP $200.00. Times they are a changing. I still want to get one in hand before I make up my mind on this one. I know that means I might miss out, but the DODO is so different from anything else I have that I want to be sure.