Where are the Yojimbo 2s?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RatDralX

Post by RatDralX »

Just got mine today, definately worth the wait.

I'll be ordering another, for a pre-need replacement, as soon as the supply normalizes.
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forums. Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that they currently have the Yojimbo 2 in stock over at BladeHQ. I have been looking for this knife for some time now and seen this thread so I figured I'd let you guys know where you can find um. I have no idea how many they have but I just ordered my Yojimbo today.
DoctaD

Post by DoctaD »

Mine shipped from KnifeWorks today...Yipeee.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I wonder why CS hasn't gotten theirs yet?
:bug-red-white
Endura Fan

Post by Endura Fan »

I snagged the only one that NGK had. It arrived today. Mr. Janich and Spyderco really knocked this one out of the park!
What impressed me the most is the way the knife seems to orient itself perfectly for opening as it's drawn from the pocket. The ergonomics are absolute perfection.
It's apparent how much thought went into this design.
kens73

Post by kens73 »

gbelleh wrote:I wonder why CS hasn't gotten theirs yet?
This ^
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

I received my pair of Yojimbo2s from Blade HQ today. I am thoroughly impressed: the nearly eight-month wait was well worth it. :D I asked Blade HQ when they would have more, but they couldn't give me a definite answer. :(
Like others here, I am still waiting for my pre-order at CS. I recently tried to send them an email, but it was undeliverable after three days. :confused: Has anyone else had this problem?
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Like the lil Matriarch which Im patiently waiting for to purchase, Im wishing for a lil Yojimbo someday, who knows but my fingers are crossed.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

RIOT wrote:Like the lil Matriarch which Im patiently waiting for to purchase, Im wishing for a lil Yojimbo someday, who knows but my fingers are crossed.
I just wish i could get a wharnie Ladybug...but if they could shrink down that blade and put it in a Ladybug/Manbug body....oh man.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DoctaD

Post by DoctaD »

Just received mine, this AM.
First impressions: Very sharp out of the box, not polished, but easy to shave arm hair. . A little stiff to open, with some gritty resistance beginning at about 45 deg. open. Good solid lockup. NO side or vertical blade play. Clip very tight. Secure, but difficult to clip into pocket of khakis.
fifthprofession47

Post by fifthprofession47 »

This past Tuesday I received a box of five Yojimbo 2's! This was a group order for my MBC students. So far they all love the knife!
"One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/
jwh

Post by jwh »

kens73 wrote:This ^
kens73
Originally Posted by gbelleh
I wonder why CS hasn't gotten theirs yet?
This ^

Has anyone received a YO2 from CS yet? If so what was your order date?
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

Maybe it's me and I've just been out of luck BUT... it's nearly July and I have yet to find myself a Yojimbo2. The anticipation combined with frustration is taking it's toll. I feel myself becoming more and more sinister. But it's all kept at bay :)

However , I will continue to be patient and keep an eye out for the next shipment of Yojimbo2's on my favorite sites.

Thankfully , My Sage4 (which I am obsessed with) has kept me more than happy in the EDC dept. I have yet to handle a knife that can even compare to the Sage4's quality , craftsmanship , fit and finish and beauty. I'm hoping the Yo2 can hang. But those are big shoes to fill.
dski

Post by dski »

I have not received mine from CS either, my order date was 11/24/2011. I'm wondering if my green para2 sprint in CTS-204P from KW will beat the YO2 to my door!
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

dski wrote:I have not received mine from CS either, my order date was 11/24/2011. I'm wondering if my green para2 sprint in CTS-204P from KW will beat the YO2 to my door!

I vote yes.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I spoke with CS, and he basically said he doesn't know when the order will arrive, and that several supposed delivery dates have come and gone... :confused:
:bug-red-white
kens73

Post by kens73 »

NoJimbo yet either.
Over 7 month wait?? I've lost the initial excitement for this blade.
Anyways I've got my eye on a few models to carry me over.
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

When this knife was "released" i almost put in a preorder but couldn't wait so i bought my first Para 2. I've had 3 Para 2's since then and i kept all three of them for a good while. If i were still waiting for a preorder i think i'd have to try it out on the mailman when he finally showed up at my door with it. I was really hoping for Yo 2 sprint runs by now.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm surprised more people don't just cancel their preorders at this point and buy one off e(vil)Bay.

At least you didn't wait 5 months and get a, "sorry I can't fulfill your preorder." /coughDodo
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

I knew when I ordered from CS that they weren't able to guarantee availability until the next shipment came through.

I don't think anyone realized how long that would take, and certainly CS is just as frustrated as anyone about how long it's taking to get this knife in stock.

What frustrating is that I paid CS in full (something I wouldn't do again) and other retailers seem to have a supply chain that's working for them, not against them, now that there is movement of inventory out of Golden. I wonder how many orders CS accepted... how long did they wait before they stopped taking orders? Are they going to try and fill them all at once, or will they ship on a first-ordered-first-shipped basis?

As consolation, by brother gave me a blue Yojimbo for my birthday. That makes me a little bit less incensed about this whole thing.
—Daniel Jackson