m390 CF millie owners post your observations regarding Fit & Finish

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eloreno

m390 CF millie owners post your observations regarding Fit & Finish

Post by eloreno »

Got mine today. It's absolutely flawless. Makes me wish I bought two.
I have noticed that all feedback regarding this batch of knives has been extremely positive.
I can only speak to the one I've got; blade dead center when closed, zero blade play, dead nuts even grinds, smooth right out of the box, the left side of the liner lock lines right up with the left side of the tang, plenty of room to settle in, depending how I open it, I can get quiet deployment, or open it with authority and get that loud military thwack!
The CF is nice and grippy, and looks real good too. Especially, in the sun. I like the satin finish clip, it suits the knife perfectly. It seems golden is really on their A++ game lately as the blue para2 I bought with the same steel was also perfectly constructed.

I think the :spyder: crew has really done it with theses two.

I'm willing to wager the replies in this thread will show, the Golden crew is delivering knives they should be very proud of.

As Sal would say, Thanx Much :spyder: :D
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

Mine is the same...now I'm anxiously awaiting my 2nd one that I preorderd right before they were all gone :D
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Lots and lots of feed back in this thread: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ey-re-Here

The short version is that this is one of the best Military variants yet, possibly the best. A big thumbs-up to Sal, Spyderco, Roger @ KnifeWorks, and MCM. :spyder:
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Mine is great. No issues. Love it.
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

Mine has to go back to warranty. won't lock up. Quite a bit of blade play generically
Experience is something you get right after you need it :eek:
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

i would love to post ALL my observations:

1. I have not received my shipping notice from KW yet and I check my email every 30 minutes every day hoping that the "new message" is from them...but, alas, nothing yet. I want to email them, but i know that i'd be jumping the gun since i ordered at the end of September.

2. People who have received them seem to LOVE to rub it in our faces :(

j/k ;) i really can't wait to finally get mine. it's been too long since i have pre-ordered a knife i've really wanted.
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

This thread is cruel without pictures...

I'm very excited to get mine.
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

Mine is extremely smooth, perfectly centered, with a super tight lock up.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Jet B wrote:This thread is cruel without pictures...

I'm very excited to get mine.
:D Pics here: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ey-re-Here
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

not generically, vertically, my wifes phone has a BS spell changing feature.

I have messed with the locking liner a bit and have discovered that even if i push the liner further in the locking direction with my thumb, as soon as there is any pressure on the spine, the liner jumps in the unlock direction until it has moved ~ a full liner thickness.

Anybody else have a problem like this
Experience is something you get right after you need it :eek:
Billy

Post by Billy »

Mine is absolutely perfect in every way. I honestly can't find one nit to pick with this one.

EDIT - I just noticed a little nick on the clip side of the ricasso. I think someone slipped with the grinder. So I guess, other than that one little nit (which does not bother me at all) the knife is perfect and I LOVE it!
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I have had that happen with a couple of linerlocks over the years, including a Military some years back. YMMV and it's your fingers and warranty, but I would not mess with it myself - if I understand what you're saying (and I think I do), the knife is unsafe - call Roger and/or Spyderco. It needs to go back. Bummer. :( These things happen...
Fred S wrote:not generically, vertically, my wifes phone has a BS spell changing feature.

I have messed with the locking liner a bit and have discovered that even if i push the liner further in the locking direction with my thumb, as soon as there is any pressure on the spine, the liner jumps in the unlock direction until it has moved ~ a full liner thickness.

Anybody else have a problem like this
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

kadinh wrote: 1. I have not received my shipping notice from KW yet and I check my email every 30 minutes every day hoping that the "new message" is from them...but, alas, nothing yet. I want to email them,
Same here.

Apparently a lot of folks emailed. Roger put this up on the main page a day or two ago:

"Customers that are waiting on the Spyderco M390 Military, The rest of them will start shipping on 02/22/2012"

So our wait should not be much longer.
KTMADV

Post by KTMADV »

My 2 are perfect..Centered blade , smooth opening and good lockup. Very happy!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Got mine just now. Everything he says ^^.
black

Post by black »

I received mine today and i'm not satisfied at all. The jimping looks like crap but that is not all. IT IS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!! So it's useless! But i guess it's "within specs". Unfortunately that means NO MORE SPYDERCO SPRINT RUNS FOR ME cause every single sprint run knife i got had flaws.

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Just got my shipping notice!

Lets hope all is well on F&F(sure it will be fine!)
Come Join Us Click Here
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

black wrote:I received mine today and i'm not satisfied at all. The jimping looks like crap but that is not all. IT IS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!! So it's useless! But i guess it's "within specs". Unfortunately that means NO MORE SPYDERCO SPRINT RUNS FOR ME cause every single sprint run knife i got had flaws.

That does look bad. At least you can sell it pretty easily if you wish.
-Ryan
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The jimping on mine is the same...not sure Exactly how that happens.

While it doesn't REALLY bother me, it is a bit odd...and slightly disappointing.
On the hunt for...
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:The jimping on mine is the same...not sure Exactly how that happens.

While it doesn't REALLY bother me, it is a bit odd...and slightly disappointing.
I hope mine isn't like that. I will be using it, but that still would bug me.
-Ryan