Knife Works Para2 up for preorder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

donutsrule wrote:Is there an open waiting list/preorder for any upcoming non-S30V PM2?
I don't believe there are any Para2 sprints or exclusives in the works, and I'd guess (just a guess) that until Golden gets caught up on regular production knives, we won't see Spyderco accepting any new exclusive orders or bringing any sprints forward.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

What about the coming M4 para?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

JNewell wrote:I don't believe there are any Para2 sprints or exclusives in the works, and I'd guess (just a guess) that until Golden gets caught up on regular production knives, we won't see Spyderco accepting any new exclusive orders or bringing any sprints forward.
I believe Jeff from CS said something to this effect on their FB page.
chuck_roxas45 wrote:What about the coming M4 para?
Many hope and dream about this combo, but I'm not expecting to see one anytime soon. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote:They knew it was you, Roman, and that you'd stress over it. ;)

Ken
Ken,
I always knew that I can count on you :)
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

I love the lighting strike CF handles and the satin aluminum cerakote coating... just my imagination. Wait, you haven't received your 204P and already thinking about the next one? :rolleyes:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

senorsquare wrote:
Many hope and dream about this combo, but I'm not expecting to see one anytime soon. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though :D
I just had to try. :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JNewell wrote:This is good advice and probably the right advice. In a nutshell, loosen both sides of the stop pin, remove the clip, adjust the pivot from both sides to get the right blade tension without lateral play, then tweak the stop pin screws to get the action right. You will probably need BLUE Loctite on at least the stop pin screws and it's not a bad idea on the pivot pin screws. Clean the threads first, never use anything stronger than blue. Use a tool that fits perfectly with a properly hardened bit or you will foul up the screws and/or the tool. :spyder:
Hope this works for ZL1. Thanks, John, I for one am gonna print this out and paste it on a note card or something. :cool:

By the way, what's your favorite lube?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Has there been anything concrete (metaphorically speaking) on that? I don't remember anything specific, other than a lot of interest from the masses. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

DougC-3 wrote:Hope this works for ZL1. Thanks, John, I for one am gonna print this out and paste it on a note card or something. :cool:

By the way, what's your favorite lube?
Lube - what I really think? I really think it doesn't matter...these are not NASCAR engines turning 10kRPM. :) I use a CLP (Break-Free, Tri-Flow, whatever) on most knives and CRK grease on my CRKs and most other RILs and Walker linerlocks. YMMV...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JNewell wrote:Lube - what I really think? I really think it doesn't matter...these are not NASCAR engines turning 10kRPM. :) I use a CLP (Break-Free, Tri-Flow, whatever) on most knives and CRK grease on my CRKs and most other RILs and Walker linerlocks. YMMV...
Interesting... thanks again... I'll have these TLAs translated in a minute... ;)
Slash

Post by Slash »

Finally, now at least people will stop whining about the wait.
Hopefully nobody has any problems with lock up, jimping, etc...
Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

I have mine now and in my pocket right now. Perfect lock up and everything!! Thanks! Now the forum knife soon;-)
Donut

Post by Donut »

JNewell wrote:Has there been anything concrete (metaphorically speaking) on that? I don't remember anything specific, other than a lot of interest from the masses. :)
The only thing concrete is my desire to get one. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Donut wrote:The only thing concrete is my desire to get one. :)
Yup. :)
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Donut wrote:The only thing concrete is my desire to get one. :)
Yessiree.

And there is still the Cruwear Millie on the horizon. Waiting....
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

It does seem inescapably appropriate. :spyder: :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I guess the next question at hand is how KW will handle the backup list, assuming there are people who didn't claim their green para2's or turn them over to somebody else. I presume all 800 orders will have to be actually mailed or deposit payers contacted before they can deal with the list. Sounds like another long wait for those on the list.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

DougC-3 wrote:I guess the next question at hand is how KW will handle the backup list, assuming there are people who didn't claim their green para2's or turn them over to somebody else. I presume all 800 orders will have to be actually mailed or deposit payers contacted before they can deal with the list. Sounds like another long wait for those on the list.
It's shorter than you think, way way shorter. :D
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I so wish that I ordered 2!! I'm not a big fan of the Para2...but I like this one the best so far.
On the hunt for...
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I so wish that I ordered 2!! I'm not a big fan of the Para2...but I like this one the best so far.
Is it too early to ask when they're gonna do another run of the green ones? :D