Knife Works Para2 up for preorder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Spoke too soon earlier. Just got shipping notification. Thanks KW
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Just got mine. It's as smooth and solid as any Para 2 yet, and this green is nice. :D I can't believe it's not on more knives. Definitely worth the wait!

:bug-red-white
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

gbelleh wrote:I can't believe it's not on more knives.
Actually, it is :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

Jay_Ev wrote:Actually, it is :)
I thoguht it was a lot darker than Lil' Temp but in your photo seems pretty close.

I'm trying real hard not to get mental as everybody else before I get mine... :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

It's an interesting color. Hard to describe, and hard to get right in photos. JayEv's pic is very accurate.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Donut wrote:Not a secret, it's one of these:
Hmmmmm.... Always wanted to try Sleipnir steel. I just love the name! ;)

Ken
玉鋼
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

senorsquare wrote:Wow, looks like the green PM2's are selling like hotcakes for about $300 a pop over on BF.
Looks like at least 6 were posted in a 9 hour period. I wonder if anyone bought one to actually keep and use. (Explains why us ordinary guys can't get them at normal prices.)

OK it looks like senorsquare for now is pledging to not sell his.

And as someone asked these are probably setting the record for secondary market pricing within days of being shipped.
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

I've already seen a fist full of these go at $300+ on another forum.
Mine stays with me.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I wonder what Sal thinks of the flipping frenzy. Sad? Happy? Indifferent?
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I wonder what Sal thinks of the flipping frenzy. Sad? Happy? Indifferent?
He should be thrilled that his product is in such demand to attract aftermarket prices like this.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

My Para 2 arrived today. It was worth the wait.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:He should be thrilled that his product is in such demand to attract aftermarket prices like this.
I don't mean about the product CB, I mean the "capitalist entrepreneurship". ;)
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I'm very torn. The part of me that wants to be a valued member of this community is glad I only got one. The Capitalist in me wishes I would have bought two. One to flip, thus paying for the one I'll keep.

I don't blame those that bought two, those with the intent of paying for their first, or two with the purpose of making $300 profit. Most (I'll conceed, not all) in the community had opportunity to buy these in the week they were on sale. The resell market shows the real value of these tools. Money is tight for a lot of folks and I am trying to feel lucky for having the opportunity and capability to purchase one during the initial sale at below-market-value price.

I'm glad I'm in a position to allow one more aficionado or flipper to purchase one. If it went to a knife nut who will use it, then it was worth my financial loss. I try to believe that was the case. Please don't turn this thread into a flipper hating one. Let me live the illusion that my sacrifice went to someone who will use it.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

vaisforlovers wrote:I'm very torn. The part of me that wants to be a valued member of this community is glad I only got one. The Capitalist in me wishes I would have bought two. One to flip, thus paying for the one I'll keep.

I don't blame those that bought two, those with the intent of paying for their first, or two with the purpose of making $300 profit. Most (I'll conceed, not all) in the community had opportunity to buy these in the week they were on sale. The resell market shows the real value of these tools. Money is tight for a lot of folks and I am trying to feel lucky for having the opportunity and capability to purchase one during the initial sale at below-market-value price.

I'm glad I'm in a position to allow one more aficionado or flipper to purchase one. If it went to a knife nut who will use it, then it was worth my financial loss. I try to believe that was the case. Please don't turn this thread into a flipper hating one. Let me live the illusion that my sacrifice went to someone who will use it.
I can relate. Pretty sure we all experience a similar internal conflict when at the checkout screen of our favorite website.... do I order one or more?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Holland

Post by Holland »

Invective wrote:Well I had a morning of disappointment today. Para2 was supposed to come in but as I'm walking to my apartment mail room I see my mailman and ask him if he had anything for me but no dice :(
So I decide to go to my local donut shop and get a giant donut to cheer myself up but as I get to my donut shop they hadn't stocked their shelves or anything so I didn't get my donut either.

Checked my tracking and last action was departing the sorting facility in MI since I ordered from Howes so hopefully I get it soon.
This gave me a good laugh hahaha
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:He should be thrilled that his product is in such demand to attract aftermarket prices like this.
I think I read somewhere that Sal stopped selling his knives to a dealer that was charging more than MSRP. So I would think he doesn't like the flipping. I've seen some dealers recently limit sales of limited run items to one per person to spread the wealth. It also seems to cut down on the flipping.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

vaisforlovers wrote:Please don't turn this thread into a flipper hating one.
I don't remember saying anything about hating flippers. You don't really think any of us that got left out in the cold really hate flippers do you? We love our fellow knife enthusiasts that promote and enjoy the hobby along with us, but do opportunistic flippers fall in that category?

Pretty sure we all experience a similar internal conflict when at the checkout screen of our favorite website.... do I order one or more?
When I bought my copy of the latest mule I had that conflict and I ordered only ONE so that my other fellow knife enthusiasts would have a chance to buy one.

some dealers recently limit sales of limited run items to one per person to spread the wealth. It also seems to cut down on the flipping
I remember someone on another forum some months ago selling some of the orange PM2's. IIRC that seller had FOUR of them. There probably aren't very many collectors that buy FOUR for their collection and don't intend to sell them for profit.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

In a free market society you take the the good with the bad, that's the way its always worked and always will work till the day we stop being a free market society..

People buy and sell items all the time for profit and on a lott more things than knives. Even KW, BHQ and all these other knife companies could be considered "flippers" in a way because I feel confident saying they are most likely making a profit on all these knives they sell..
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:In a free market society you take the the good with the bad, that's the way its always worked and always will work till the day we stop being a free market society..

People buy and sell items all the time for profit and on a lott more things than knives. Even KW, BHQ and all these other knife companies could be considered "flippers" in a way because I feel confident saying they are most likely making a profit on all these knives they sell..
Yes we all know that, and your post has been repeated exactly as stated hundreds of times already. It's still annoying to see it being sold for $300 the very day it comes out. You are really comparing dealers to flippers? I heard that one before also, kind of an asinine comparison. No one who complains about the prices are necessarily against free market. It is just disturbing to see that in the end, people are still taking advantage of the situation that other hobbyists are in, if they really didn't want the knife like they say, they could have called Ashley to pass it along to someone on the wait list. You see, some people are into the hobby for the knives, and not for profiting on other hobbyists' wallets. Flame suit on... Ready for the "Get a grip with reality and the way things are" response. I know how it is, but I don't have to like it.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

A couple of wallpapers for you.

Green Para-Military2

G10 Endura Green Para2 ZDP-189 LadyBug