Trade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fishstalker

Trade?

Post by Fishstalker »

What are your thoughts on trading my digi-cam Para 2 for a Sage 1?
:spyder:
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

You can pick up a sage 1 these days for around 85-90. You can pick up the satin blade para 2 for anywhere from 95-110. Almost equal in value, though the para 2 is a but more sought after. If you really want the sage 1, go for it, but if you tried to execute that same trade yourself, you may find it tough to get someone to trade their para2 for your sage (if you get what I'm saying)
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

pmbspyder wrote:You can pick up a sage 1 these days for around 85-90. You can pick up the satin blade para 2 for anywhere from 95-110. Almost equal in value, though the para 2 is a but more sought after. If you really want the sage 1, go for it, but if you tried to execute that same trade yourself, you may find it tough to get someone to trade their para2 for your sage (if you get what I'm saying)
Good point. Thanks for the logic. I've been looking for a Sage 1 and should have bought one a few weeks ago when Amazon had them at a good price. I hesitated and lost out. If you know where I can pickup a Sage 1 for 85-90, please let me know.
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Fishstalker wrote:Good point. Thanks for the logic. I've been looking for a Sage 1 and should have bought one a few weeks ago when Amazon had them at a good price. I hesitated and lost out. If you know where I can pickup a Sage 1 for 85-90, please let me know.
If you want a Sage1 you probably won't find it hard to find someone to trade with. The para2 seems to have a great following. It is a great knife. However, IMO I love the Sage1 more than a para2. I don't own a para2 but have held one. It's a great knife but the Sage1 is kind of in a different category I think. The Sage1 being one of my favorites (top 3) I'd say trade, especially if you have more than one para2. If you only have one para2 and have never held or used a Sage1 that's a much harder decision. We have all wanted knives then when we get it we may love it far more than we thought we would or not care for it that much. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Lots of people say everyone should own at least one Delica. As true as that is I think everyone should own a Sage1. :) Personally, I think a Gayle Bradley would be a knife better compared to the para2. I believe the para2 is considered more of a work knife than the Sage1 and the GB is definately capable of hard work. It is also one of my top 3 favorite knives. :D The GB has M4 steel which is wonderful and gives life meaning. :)

Jack
BAL

Post by BAL »

A person's favorite knife is the one that you don't have.
quinoa

Post by quinoa »

I'd get a Sage 3 over the 1 Carbon fiber scales aside. I prefer the bolt lock over the liner lock.
I'm through with liner locks. Manix 2 rules in this regard.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

quinoa wrote:I'd get a Sage 3 over the 1 Carbon fiber scales aside. I prefer the bolt lock over the liner lock.
I'm through with liner locks. Manix 2 rules in this regard.
Fishstalker had a very simple question. Then I mentioned a GB and now you say Sage3. I hope he doesn't get TOO confused. :confused: :) He'll probably figure something out. :spyder:

Jack
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Fishstalker wrote:Good point. Thanks for the logic. I've been looking for a Sage 1 and should have bought one a few weeks ago when Amazon had them at a good price. I hesitated and lost out. If you know where I can pickup a Sage 1 for 85-90, please let me know.
Yeah it looks like amazon has jacked the price on this one. Keep your eye on eBay, I just sold my nib sage 1 and it only went for like $84. You can definitely find deals on there...
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

jackknifeh wrote: :D The GB has M4 steel which is wonderful and gives life meaning. :)
I think this is the first time I've heard steel described in metaphysical terms! :cool:

TedP
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

phillipsted wrote:I think this is the first time I've heard steel described in metaphysical terms! :cool:

TedP
Well sure! You're probably one of those people who think things like family, children, and other wierd things give meaning to life. :)

Jack