New Member..Have a few Questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jronan2

New Member..Have a few Questions

Post by jronan2 »

Hey everyone new member here and I hope some of my questions can be answered. I'm trying to find a new edc blade and looking at maybe the para2 m390 or a manix 2 m4. The problem is that I live in NY and bento box shop won't ship to NY. I really don't understand because the only problem with knife laws is really in NYC where the rules are rediculous, but the rest of the state I'm pretty sure it's the standard no gravity knife and under a 4" blade.

1. So what exactly are the laws in NY?

2. Is this only bento's policy or is every ebay seller going to be a problem getting a knife?

3. Is there anywhere else to get these knives for a decent price?

Sorry for so many questions at once I'm just a little frustrated. Also I am leaning towards a manix 2 either in m4 or bd30 steel since I already have a black on black para2 in s30v and do not own a manix. What should I do? Thank you for any response.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

There are likely smaller ebay sellers who will ship to NY. Until there is some clarity in the law, I suspect that most large sellers won't mess with it for fear that other municipalities or etc., might jump on the band wagon to get cash-in-hand.

Write your state congress-persons and senators. Both knives you desire are manufactured in the US. Should the ex-NYC citizens of NY and american workers be penalized because of an over-zealous DA? Why should NYC be able to hold the rest of the state captive?

It pisses me off and I don't even live in NY.

Do you have a relative out of state who could receive and forward the knives?
jronan2

Post by jronan2 »

Thanks for the reply. I mean I have bought knives from amazon and blade hq so it really doesn't make sense to me. I can understand if they just didn't ship to NYC because they have they own set laws it seems, but the entire state is rediculous. I'm trying not to complain but these sprint run spyderco's aren't cheap and now even if I wanted them some seller's won't even take my cash, it's a real pain. I might just try out a manix xl from some website and call it a day.

Anyone from NY get these sprint runs from somewhere else than Bento Box Shop for a fair price?