Permanent collection

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

Permanent collection

Post by Sequimite »

I've owned perhaps a hundred different Spyderco models and have tried not to collect them both due to lack of capital and inclination. Most have been passed on to other users when I'm done playing with them. The number that I'm likely to keep permanently has been growing as of late.

Rock Salt (camp knife)
Caspian Salt (on the water, ropes and crabbing)
Hossom Forager (nice custom sheath, use it to harvest red alder whenever I BBQ)
Temp 2 (Nice JLS sheath, has replaced Mule as EDC FB)

Ti Military (perfect back pocket and hand fit)
Caly 3.5 SB (best EDC, caused me to get rid of my Caly Jr.)
Lil' Temp (When I'm in 3" legal territory)
PPT (custom looks and quality, sentimental value due to winning it from Spyderco)
Original C83 Persian (fantastic design and classy, sentimental value due to winning it from Spyderco)

I have many many more, but eventually I'll probably part ways with the others. Of the 2012 models I'll probably buy a bunch but think the Southfork and the Tuff have the best chance of sticking.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I have been looking into getting a Ti Military. It's just so pricey. Might I ask where you purchased yours?
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I was lucky enough to have a friend pick it up for me at the SFO seconds sale two years ago.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Sequimite wrote:Most have been passed on to other users when I'm done playing with them. The number that I'm likely to keep permanently has been growing as of late. Of the 2012 models I'll probably buy a bunch but think the Southfork and the Tuff have the best chance of sticking.
Maybe you could start a lending library for Spydies! Sort of a "try before you buy" thing. :cool:

TedP
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

phillipsted wrote:Maybe you could start a lending library for Spydies! Sort of a "try before you buy" thing. :cool:

TedP
I tried passing around a copy of "The Spyderco Story" and it turned out to royal PITA. Besides, I need to sell the one's I'm not using so I can buy more.
Donut

Post by Donut »

No little temp on that list?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
cckw

Post by cckw »

I'm not sure I have any on my honestly permanent list. I have several that I am very fond of, but interests change and if the value outweighs my current interest and I need the money for something new and exciting I'll sell them. I sold my CF milli :) haven't looked back either.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Good to see that you actually enjoy the knives that have remained in your collection. The knives that I will never get rid of are my Caly's and Sages. The Caly's are my favorite to EDC and I wish to collect all of the Sage models so I can admire the engineering and craftsmanship from different knife designers.

I have yet to pick up a Spyderco fixed blade. I really don't have use for one. But I cannot wait for Spyderco's kitchen set to come. I will definitely keep that.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

I've run through about 40 spydies, from exotic sprints to the regulars. The list of the ones that are fixtures after all the selling over the years are: military, para2, dfly2, tasman, spyderhawk, yo2 (new obviously), and street beat. Just couldn't part with those during my selling periods...
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I have to agree with you on the super blue caly and the temp 2. I have both and agree they are great edc knives for either fixed or folder
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Donut wrote:No little temp on that list?
Lil' Temp definitely on the list.