Which Spyderco Knife is This?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WalzAaronFFG

Which Spyderco Knife is This?

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I was just kicking back and re-watching one of my all time favorite series. The Wire is a HBO drama that attempts to portray the crime/police environment in Baltimore Maryland. It is quite possibly the best show that has ever been on Television (Deadwood is a close second followed by Breaking Bad in 3rd).

In Season 2 Episode 2 titled "Collateral Damage" a vicious eastern European fellow dose some nasty knife work to a Turkish smuggler who was working for them on a cargo ship to help them smuggle contraband into the States.

There is a breif glimpse of this knife. Although it appears to be a serrated Delica to my untrained eye, I can't recall seeing a handle/pivot like the one in question on a Delica.

The second season aired in the early 2000's so it could have been filmed slightly earlier. This image was shown in the "Spyderco Hollywood Sightings" Thread, but it doesn't make mention of the specific knife from this scene. Maybe someone could help me find a stock photo from the sight if they are able to ID the blade's model number?

Thanks in advance detectives :)

Please see the first image in Post#14 of this thread
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... cs-inside)
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

To me it looks like an older serrated Delica with SS handles and a tip down clip.

Here's a picture of an older one that someone has not updated the picture to on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Stainles ... B003JP41RG
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rycen

Post by rycen »

It's just a stainless delica. It is not the pivot you see it's the clip screws.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal