Anybody's CC get Charged for the M390 Millie yet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Anybody's CC get Charged for the M390 Millie yet?

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

See title.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I heard some people on BF had there cards charged, I put my order in towards the end so expecting to be last. Doesn't look like they've charged mine yet.
Cheers!
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

I just checked my CC and it got charged today. We shall see what happens now. I got my pre-order in on the first day, probably with in the first few hours of it being up.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

So are you guys saying that they automatically charge it to the card used to pre order without notifying first?
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Roan

Post by Roan »

I paid the deposit with paypal, hopefully I'll get an email shortly to ask me to provide a CC or pay the remainder.
Aussie Knife nut.
Incoming: Southfork
Latest arrivals: CF M390 Millie, Elmax Mule, Fallkniven S1
dj moonbat wrote:It's important to have at least 2 knives on you: one knife that's not going to scare anybody, and one that is.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Transaction ID 5AB09230U711 Date and time Feb 9, 2012 6:23:15 AM PST Transaction type Sale Card type MasterCard Card number XXXXXXXXXXXX Total $407.85 USD

Yup, credit card charged today! :spyder:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Nice one people. :D
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

Am I missing something, but does it not seem right for them to automatically put the money on the card without notifying the customers first. What makes them think that people will have the money on the CC or in the bank to cover it...especially since they are coming out 2 months early?? I myself do not have $400 in that account to cover it right now...like I said, maybe I'm missing something.
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

When you pre-order, you're agreeing to pay for the item, right?
No charge on my card yet.
:bug-red-white
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Spydesense wrote:Am I missing something, but does it not seem right for them to automatically put the money on the card without notifying the customers first. What makes them think that people will have the money on the CC or in the bank to cover it...especially since they are coming out 2 months early?? I myself do not have $400 in that account to cover it right now...like I said, maybe I'm missing something.
Yep, you probably gonna miss the knife.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

No charges yet. Still hope to get knives
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Yep, you probably gonna miss the knife.
Seems that they would give me the chance to transfer the money from another account...we will see!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Given how hard it can be to get me on the phone, I'd actually be pretty annoyed if the didn't go ahead and charge and ship the knives as soon as they could. I guess it's just two sides of the coin, because I understand what you're saying, too.
Spydesense wrote:Am I missing something, but does it not seem right for them to automatically put the money on the card without notifying the customers first. What makes them think that people will have the money on the CC or in the bank to cover it...especially since they are coming out 2 months early?? I myself do not have $400 in that account to cover it right now...like I said, maybe I'm missing something.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Yep, you probably gonna miss the knife.
Having dealt with KW before, I am sure they will try very hard, many times, before they write off his order.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JNewell wrote:Having dealt with KW before, I am sure they will try very hard, many times, before they write off his order.
Sorry bad joke on my part. I blame lack of sleep for the unfunny humor.
Roan

Post by Roan »

I actually do agree with this. It's a little unreasonable to give an ETA months away, but expect people to just cough up when they choose without so much as an email.
What happens when you go out tomorrow to pay for your car service only to find your card maxed out because you didn't know about this transaction?
Aussie Knife nut.
Incoming: Southfork
Latest arrivals: CF M390 Millie, Elmax Mule, Fallkniven S1
dj moonbat wrote:It's important to have at least 2 knives on you: one knife that's not going to scare anybody, and one that is.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Can anyone who's card has been charged tell us the date they pre-ordered, or made the deposit? Thanks
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I got an email this afternoon asking if it was ok to charge the card. I just responded with the affirmative. Looking forward to this one! Well...2 ;)
On the hunt for...
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I got an email this afternoon asking if it was ok to charge the card. I just responded with the affirmative. Looking forward to this one! Well...2 ;)
That's good to hear...sounds more like it should be done.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I'm just curious what the heck is this knife is made of that makes it a $400 knife? I don't think I've ever seen any Spyderco that costs that much before. CF + M390 = $400? I'm not seeing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>