Sage 1..is it true about the CF?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Quite happy with it regardless.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
araneae

Post by araneae »

I heard it was made of elf blood and unicorn horns.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Elf blood???? But I thought I was paying for unicorn blood infused into the horn??? Not some Elf blood composite! My Sage is going on eBay.
:bug-red-white
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

gbelleh wrote:Elf blood???? But I thought I was paying for unicorn blood infused into the horn??? Not some Elf blood composite! My Sage is going on eBay.
You can't be serious. Unicorns didn't make it on time to get on the ark! So there aren't any more Unicorns. I can't believe you didn't know that. :)

Jack
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Why create a whole new thread? :rolleyes:
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Taonari

Post by Taonari »

Who cares? It's an amazing knife.
cckw

Post by cckw »

It's like Obamas birth certificate, you'll never know......

:) better add the smiley so no one get mad
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Drkknight614 wrote:Sorry for posting a new thread, didnt see the other one, thought it was someone just asking general questions about the sage.
David Lowry wrote:Why create a whole new thread? :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Drkknight614, I didn't read the entire thread and I didn't see that you said you didn't see the other one. My bad bro. ;)

I borrowed and edited racer88's photo.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Sht

Post by Sht »

David Lowry wrote:Drkknight614, I didn't read the entire thread and I didn't see that you said you didn't see the other one. My bad bro. ;)

I borrowed and edited racer88's photo.
If that's the case were talking 90% cf & 10% ?. Whatever it is it's there for a reason, to screw you out of your last 10% of cf I think not.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

It really doesn't matter :) If there is a scale spacer between the liner and CF it's there for a reason.

Non issue.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

I heard if you hold a Sage and stand in front of a mirror on a moonless night and say its name 3 times, it will turn into a UKPK.

Also, 5 damascus Delicas have gold tickets in their boxes. If you get one, you get a personal tour of the Golden facility by Eric and Sal and free Spydies for life.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

No golden ticket in my Delica. :( I sure would like to see Oompa Loompas grinding Para 2 blades.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

cckw wrote:It's like Obamas birth certificate, you'll never know......

better add the smiley so no one get mad :)
I don't get mad, but will point out your supposition as to the president's citizenship is offensive and not welcome for me at least. It is not based in fact, more of a pathetic ploy by the neo conservative right to regain the presidency.

There is a reason political commentary is not welcome here. My reply above should illustrate the reason. Political beliefs aren't discussed here for a reason.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
gph

Post by gph »

dbcad wrote:I don't get mad, but will point out your supposition as to the president's citizenship is offensive and not welcome for me at least. It is not based in fact, more of a pathetic ploy by the neo conservative right to regain the presidency.

There is a reason political commentary is not welcome here. My reply above should illustrate the reason. Political beliefs aren't discussed here for a reason.
My approach to dealing with the tinfoil hat crowd is to out conspiracy them:

"I agree that Obama is a Kenyan but did you know his mother was an Ancient Alien and his father was an Abominable Snowman?"

They'll either agree with you or they'll back away slowly. Granted it's pointless but so is trying to reason with them using logic and facts.

But who knows, maybe it was just an attempt at a joke?
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

i think sal should publicly flog the man/woman who let that happen -

its the only known way for spyderco to save face-

if by chance we all got a free one to use all may be forgiven
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

donutsrule wrote: Also, 5 damascus Delicas have gold tickets in their boxes. If you get one, you get a personal tour of the Golden facility by Eric and Sal and free Spydies for life.
"It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. YOU STOLE S30V BLADE STOCK! You bumped into the machinery, which now has to be washed and sterilized SO YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! Good day sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY!" ~Sal
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

dbcad wrote:I don't get mad, but will point out your supposition as to the president's citizenship is offensive and not welcome for me at least. It is not based in fact, more of a pathetic ploy by the neo conservative right to regain the presidency.

*CLAPPING* I was biting my lip when I read that one. Thank you for saying what I was trying to avoid saying.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

WalzAaronFFG wrote:"It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. YOU STOLE S30V BLADE STOCK! You bumped into the machinery, which now has to be washed and sterilized SO YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! Good day sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY!" ~Sal
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

David Lowry wrote: Image
The picture seems to be a nice illustration of the catalog description:
"the carbon fiber handle is vibrant with multi-colored fibers bonded together when manufacturing the carbon fiber. The weaving runs deep"
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897