Para 2..decisions, decisions..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
monster08

Para 2..decisions, decisions..

Post by monster08 »

Which Para 2 your Favorite and y?

Digi-cam, Satin Blade
Digi-cam, Black Blade
All Black
Black, Satin Blade

..post some pics if you want :)
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Among your listed choices, I like the digicam / DLC (black) blade the best.

My favorite in my collection is what I'm carrying now - Carbon Fiber / S90V. :D
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I have a digital/satin para 2 and 2 m390 sprints, but I would kill (read, trade), for a black on black with black hardware. Good luck finding one in stock at a reasonable price though.
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

of regular production, I prefer black g10/satin blade.
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

Digi / DLC
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Black on Black on Black :cool: My EDC :D
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

I was interested in both the camo-black blade, and the all black. I guess I liked the camo-black a little better but I didn't really much care which, I just didn't want yet another black-on-silver knife.
But when CS recently got a "small batch" of all black PM2's in stock,at a pretty good price of $109 delivered, I didn't quibble, I jumped on one,quick, and am glad I did, 'cause they went right back to "back-ordered". :D

Now that I think about it, someone here recently mentioned having a set of camo scales that they might be selling. Anyone recall who that was ?
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
rg02

Post by rg02 »

My digi cam pm2 and GB
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I am not a fan of camo, so my vote for regular production would be the all black, second would be black/satin
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Anonymous wrote:Para2 will be my next purchase and I think I prefer the black/satin combo the best. If I knew the black finish on the blade wouldn't scratch/wear off the all black para2 would be my first choice.
you could always buy the all black and when the coating wears enough that you do not like it; you could finish taking the coating off or stonewash it ;)
kind of best of both worlds. You start with your first choice and end with your second :p
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

The Para Military 2 is my partner in crime for life. I prefer the Digital Camo G10 with Satin S30V blade . The Digital Camo just has a unique look all it's own (it's masculine , strong and handsome ....much like myself :) ). The satin finish S30V is the benchmark for modern day premium blade steels. And it doesn't have a coating that wears off and looks terrible. Spyderco 4 eva !!!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I can't believe I finally did it...LOL Even though I own 3 para 2's and have 2 more on pre-order; I just HAD to put in an order for an all black model. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for CS to get more in stock. I hope it is as silky smooth as my M390 para 2. The more I handle my Camo and the M390 one after the other it is no where near as smooth...acceptable, but not nearly as good.

I have to send it back for repair/replacement any way because it came with a cracked scale. I didn't send it back when I got it because I loved the knife so much and it was my only Para2 at the time.

:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

wquiles

Post by wquiles »

monster08 wrote:Which Para 2 your Favorite and y?

Digi-cam, Satin Blade
Digi-cam, Black Blade
All Black
Black, Satin Blade

..post some pics if you want :)

It is not in your list, but my favorite PM2's are not the regular ones: only the ones with a "super steel" in them. Either CTS-20CP or the newer M390 (or S90V if you can afford it - I can't). I am right now only EDC'ing the CTS-20CP PM2 (which I dyed from Grey to Royal Purple), and I am amazed as to how well it cuts and how long it keeps it edge. In my humble opinion, if you are going to get the awesome ergonomics of the PM2, might as well save a little bit more and get the premium steel as well. They will perform better (stay sharper longer), have higher resale value, etc. - I don't care for resale value, but I will pay more for a better performing steel. There is also an upcoming Orange G10 PM2 in CTS-XHP (sold out right now, but I am sure will be available on Ebay soon after its release), which would also be a good one to have/try.

My M390 Smurf Blue next to my Royal Purple:

And my two PM2's along with my ZDP-189 DF2:

Will
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Darkside says YOU WILL BUY THE ALL BLACK AND LIKE IT OR ELSE! You don't wanna know what "or else" is...trust me.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Those pictures make me feel better about my purchase...LOL I honestly don't know why I didn't buy an all black Para 2 to begin with. I'm glad I waited though because I like the new revision of the all black better.

monster08

Post by monster08 »

new reversion?? watd'd they change about it?
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Image
I wish I could get my edges that shiny:jealous:

I like the plain old black and satin.. But my millie is digicam and dlc..
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.