Stretch Combo Edge (owners chime in)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zencowboy

Stretch Combo Edge (owners chime in)

Post by Zencowboy »

Howdy all, well I read another members post earlier and saw a video on serrated blade and was impressed. I have not owned one in some years.

So, I am leaning towards a Stretch Full Serrated edge in VG-10 or Combo Edge. Still open to the Pacific Salt Serrated H-1.

Anyone who owns one or more of the above want to chime in on them (EDC for light medium use)?

Thanks for your time and thoughts :)
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

If you go SE, I would get the H1 blade. The Stretches blade shape in more useful in PE. Plus.the extra price tag. I would get the pacific salt..
rondv

Post by rondv »

I have the SE and PE stretch. The SE is a really fine cutter. I also have a saver salt SE and can't say the shape makes one a better cutter just that the sheepsfoot blade is safer to use around livestock. Good luck!

Ron

rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I have a stretch CE. I don't usually go for CE blades I prefer one or the other, but I found a great deal on the Stretch. Its a great knife and the blade is long enough that both the serrated and plain edge are useful. The handle on the stretch is super comfy.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I plan on owning a Stretch here shortly, I was planning on buying the PE version, now I don't know. Shoot, I'll probably get both of them, just gotta figure out which one is first. The SE version looks like it's pretty bad a$$!
Zencowboy

Bought lightly used Combo Edge..

Post by Zencowboy »

Well, I figured to try out the combo edge on the Stretch, I found the knife 'Lightly used' with only tiny scratches near tip (which I will buff out ;) ) for $45 to my door.

Will get a H-1 Pacific Salt soon enough to play around with that steel.

Thanks for the input guys!
Attachments
Stretch Combo Edge-$45.jpg
Stretch Combo Edge-$45.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

rcbalt2 wrote:I have a stretch CE. I don't usually go for CE blades I prefer one or the other, but I found a great deal on the Stretch. Its a great knife and the blade is long enough that both the serrated and plain edge are useful. The handle on the stretch is super comfy.
Plus one.

I think many of us had no other choice but to snag a CE when they were in clearance at a certain knife store a while back. :D

I have used mine a few times, but like many I either prefer SE or PE. Not both.
Come Join Us Click Here
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Since you already have one, there is not much to add, but the Stretch CE is one of my frequent carries. As it has a longer blade the two distinct sections are long enough.

One of very few Spydies that I have a back-up for. Disclaimer, I am one of the few who actually like and use CE's so i may be biased.
iyn

Post by iyn »

I just started carrying the Stretch 2 in PE. Your combo edge looks so cool! I love the look of combo edge, but for my practical use PE works better, the only CE knife I have is the old rescue with the FRN clip. It's become the glove compartment knife in case I have to cut my seat belt.