Whats the worst cut you got with a Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:LOL, yeh a Gillette.

As for the stiffness in your finger, I hope that time will move the stiffness to where it's wanted. ;)
LOL! :) :p One can only hope... :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Hooterville

Post by Hooterville »

I have gunshot to my head and a nice fat 9mm slug stuck in middle of my brain.
I stay away from knife fights and only attend gun fights. They are way more fun and exciting. :eek:
Splice

Post by Splice »

I was breaking in my new delica FFG and dropped it while sitting at the computer. It dug a nice half-inch long incision that bled profusely. But hey, the knife qualifies as "broken in" afterwards
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I'm still flabbergasted as to why a guy would be attempting to open a knife while pulling on a pair of jeans.
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

Would finish a g10 scale for a selling mule.And then the Spyder cuts me. :-( Cruwear
Hospitality can help.14 passses later i can go home.
[img][IMG]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5408 ... 090731.jpg[/img] By kohbanang at 2012-03-06[/IMG]
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The worst cut (wasn't that bad) was when wiping down the blade of a new Adventura. I wasn't thinking about the fact that it had a recurve until it cut through the cloth and my finger.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
wvguy8258

Post by wvguy8258 »

Still healing from mine because it only happened a few days ago. It was relatively minor, and not my worst cut from a knife.

I had my manix 2 cts xhp clipped in my right pocket. I was carrying something in my right hand and so reached over with my left to slide my phone into my right pocket clumsily. The grippy rubber phone case somehow opened the knife a wee bit. Next time I reached into that pocket, I got it right on the tip of my right pinky. I at first thought the phone had jabbed me for some reason. But is 1 cm across but deep as the tip went into the center of that cut. The knife was so sharp it bled pretty badly. The next day I had the band aid off and it started bleeding again in the shower. I'd hate to actually be jabbed with one of these things on purpose :o
BAL

Post by BAL »

Mary Ellen Moffat
rg02

Post by rg02 »

BAL wrote:Mary Ellen Moffat
Silence of the lambs reference BAL?
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Freak accident bobbling an original Tim Zowada. "Caught" the knife with my forearm and severed the radial artery. I have never seen so much of my own blood at one time. Lesson learned: when a knife is free, don't try to catch it - open as much distance between self and knife as fast as possible. Also: good first aid training really does matter and is well worth the time invested in training and renewing the training.
BAL

Post by BAL »

rg02 wrote:silence of the lambs reference bal?
Jaws, on the boat when they were all getting drunk showing each other their scars.
Hooper pointed toward his chest and the Chief and Quint were puzzled what scar he
was pointing to. He said Mary Ellen Moffat, she broke my heart. Shortly they were singing

Show me the way to go home
I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head
Where ever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song

then came that thump on the side of the boat and things were never the same.
They should have had a bigger knife.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

BAL wrote:Jaws, on the boat when they were all getting drunk showing each other their scars.
Hooper pointed toward his chest and the Chief and Quint were puzzled what scar he
was pointing to. He said Mary Ellen Moffat, she broke my heart. Shortly they were singing

I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head
Where ever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song

then came that thump on the side of the boat and things were never the same.
They should have had a bigger knife.
Ahhh lol. I remember on silence of the lambs Clarice visiting that storage unit owned by Moffat (Chester Moffat now as I recall) when she found the decapitated head in the jar.....
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
VirtuousWolf

Post by VirtuousWolf »

darkstar29 wrote:I've never had any serious cuts with a Spydie..just nicks and such.. But I will share what happened to a great friend of mine..
I turned him on to Spyderco a few years ago, and he promptly went out and bought a half and half delica..he loves it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We've been friends since elementary school, and I have TONS of stories about the stuff we've gotten into. But this might be my favorite one of all..
Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading :)
I really enjoyed your story :D Haha it was all intense at first haha :D
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

hmmmm i think it was my first Delica I ever owned at the age of 15 (19 years ago), it was a fat clip Delica and I was showing off with my stoner friends how fast i could flick the blade out with the Spydie hole and all of the sudden i saw something fly across the air and it was a chunk of my thumb. Turns out my thumb was faster than the blade opening and part of my thumb got sliced off, wasnt huge but it is still to this day stuck in my memories. I even picked up the chuck off the ground and it fit perfectly where it was sliced off.
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

^ Yikes. The worst I have gotten luckily has been some minor to moderate hand cuts. I actually have two on my hands right now (thanks IKEA packaging... ugh). One on my left index right under the nail, and the other on the right hand on the left side of my thumb. Both bleeders, I'm going to do the ole super glue trick and seal em up. Otherwise, like everyone else who has gotten one knows, they just bleed and bleed (and hurt like **** when washed :rolleyes :) .
Inusuit

Post by Inusuit »

I stuck the palm of left hand with my Endura while trying to open a blister pack. No stitches, minor scar.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I may have told this story before but, I had my Michael Walker laying on the table on top of a piece of paper. I wanted the paper so thinking I was a magician I yanked it out from under the knife. The knife slid just enough to fall off the table and stab my foot. :eek: I should have gotten stitches but I didn't want to go to the ER. The bad thing is I did the same thing again about a month later. :o

I have cut myself worse but not with a Spyderco. Once when I was a kid and once as an adult. Both occurrances were the blade folding and cutting my finger to the bone. Same finger, two scars. Making the same mistake more than once seems to be a trend with me. :o

Jack
Reyn

Post by Reyn »

Not a spyderco but years ago as a kid I was catching bugs and putting them in a mason jar with those aluminum screw on tops.

I would punch holes in the top for air with my knife. I was holding the jar with my hand and stabbing down on the lid. Well,I completely missed the top and drove the knife through my hand and hit a major blood vessel. I ran inside to pour water on it and the blood was pushing the water off from the pressure.

I had to go and get several stitches.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Different tool but funny and true story.

Our High School shop teacher was teaching the basics of shop safety and how to
use the wood cutting machines correctly. he was showing the class how to use the
band saw correctly without cutting your finger off and ........voila...... he cut off his finger.

I won't say his name because old high school shop teachers have a tendency to show
up in the funniest of situations, much like Mr. Woodcock.
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

VirtuousWolf wrote:I really enjoyed your story :D Haha it was all intense at first haha :D
Thanks, Virtuous :) My buddy tells the story much better, but I tried ;)
He really did cut himself -across the top of his wrist, no less- while
trying to open some kind of frozen food package. And that makes me laugh :D And he still tells that bar story..very convincingly.
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.