Most classy gentleman's knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

JD Spydo wrote:My pick for the most classy knife in this category is without a doubt the original C-39 Dyad Jr with the Micarta handle>> That one with the Micarta handle came with the pocketclip. It has really behooved me as to why that knife never became a super-classic.

The MICARTA Dyad Jr is probably the most overlooked small Spyder that will ultimately be a super collector piece some day down the road.

I sure wish they would reintroduce this gem and make it available in an assortment of different handle colors. There were very few of them made and it is probably getting next to impossible to locate one.
I think this would be a good Idea,since there is a C-44 big Dyad model in the works,have the C-39 to pair it with. :D
VG-10

Post by VG-10 »

My vote goes to the Kopa. My Pacific Blue Bone Kopa is really classy. Seeing as the Kopa series was manufactured by Moki the fit and finish on them is perfect, making them all the more classy to me.

VG-10
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

ValueKnifeLover wrote:I know it's not in the same league as the other knives you guys have mentioned but I absolutely love how sleek and sexy the lines on my centofante 3 look. I just feel like it looks so refined. I think if it had some carbon fiber handles it'd be an amazing gents knife. I also like the look of the Memory if I remember it correctly.
I concur with this. The nice thing about the Cento3/4 is in black slacks (or even other pants) the black handle nub and matching clip are extremely subtle. I k ow most folks don't look for knife clips like we do ( :p ) but I prefer not to advertise in these situations. Even the shiny Caly3 clip is more apparent.
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

tonydahose wrote:i'm partial to this centofante myself :p

So pretty :D nice knife, sir.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I have to say the Superleaf for now
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

I'm going with the Leafstorm and I have one due in next week. Big Grin here.
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

civilian is the most classy

... jk :p

I find the chaparral very classy
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

I'm going to go with the Wayne Goddard Jr sprint (2010?) - this is a very under rated model in my mind. I'm not partial to tip down carry or partly serrated blades but even so this gets a surprising amount of pocket time in a "smart casual" office environment .... it keeps the very similar (lock aside) Mini Grips out of my pocket :)

It suits me that they are under rated - I got a "spare" one a few weeks ago, just in case ......

Then I'd need to include the "S" - most times they come out a conversation about knives starts - all very civilized and gentlemanly!

P2
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Of knives that I own - Kopa abalone/black pearl!!

Based on pics...AIR by Bradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it comes out this year. Check it out in the catalog if you havent seen it!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

I vote for the original Viele in plain edge C42P. It always get comments and it's still as smooth today as the day I bought it (my EDC almost every day).
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Spyderco Michael Walker
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

For me I like my CF Balance for nice gent's folder.....and love the looks of the glass fiber Lum Chinese....never got around to getting one of those.....maybe one day! Oh yeah....the upcoming Centofante Memory has got to be one of the classiest looking folders I've ever seen...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

The Deacon wrote:Of my customized Kiwis, I'd put this one at the top of the list...
That Kiwi is beautiful! Like six stars out of five beautiful. :eek:
HunterRyngo

Post by HunterRyngo »

In the spyderco line for me it is the Centofante 3...
But if we look at the whole knifeworld the CRK Mnandi is my favorite in this role..
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

The Centofante is classy, indeed. But my pick is the Zulu.
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »