Most classy gentleman's knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Adriaan

Most classy gentleman's knife?

Post by Adriaan »

I find the spyderco walker the most classy and beautiful gentleman knife. Even compared to other brands, i still like this design the most. The böker walker can't compete to this model. I like it even more than the klotzli walker designs. The blade shape of the spyderco walker is outstanding and the spydie hole is so much nicer then a thumb stud would be on this one. This is definitely an office knife for a gentleman, like a lawyer or businessman.

If spyderco will produce future walker sprint runs. I'm will be very interested.

I'm waiting on my walker blue almite (vg10) :) Yes i found one brand new in a shop in Amsterdam. It was not super cheap, but i think it's worth it. The ZDP walker is also nice :) Cool design!

Which folder do you find the most classy gentleman knife?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Probably the fanciest I have is the Spyderco Phoenix. My more understated one is the Sage 2. Really looking forward to the Caly 3.5 CF/ZDP-189.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Of the standard production Spydercos I own, the original jigged bone Kiwi would be my top choice. Second on my list would be the jigged bone Micro Dyad. Of my customized Kiwis, I'd put this one at the top of the list...
Attachments
kiwi_on_mushroom_smaller.jpg
kiwi_on_mushroom_smaller.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 4757 times
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bearcat1

Post by Bearcat1 »

I tend to agree with the OP that the Spyderco Walker is very classy for a gentleman's knife.
Mad is bad. - Sal :)
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

I think the most classy gentleman's knife isn't out yet. But I am anxiously anticipating it. The Bradley Air. Should be the hands down winner.

Grizz
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

What is that a picture of Paul? Is that a tumor or a mushroom? On the flip side that is one good looking Kiwi
rg02

Post by rg02 »

GB is a large knife, but my classiest one I own. it sure is purdy!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

Carbon fiber native 4
Attachments
2012-01-06 14.57.22.jpg
2012-01-06 14.57.22.jpg (98.35 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
2012-01-06 14.58.35.jpg
2012-01-06 14.58.35.jpg (86.58 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
tr4022

Classiest gentleman's knife

Post by tr4022 »

Rockstead TEI. But at $1800 or thereabouts, too rich for my blood.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

The Regular Lum Chinese is classy, slim, and long enough to be useful. I have difficulty useing tiny knives. You have various color aluminum ones, titanium, and glass fiber in the Chinese.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
JLS

Post by JLS »

Classiest ever, IMO, would have to be the C54 Calypso in plain edge. It was a looker and a worker. Curse me for selling mine.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Blerv wrote:Probably the fanciest I have is the Spyderco Phoenix.
Certainly my classiest, as well, but the upcoming Gayle Bradley looks pretty slick. No clip may be a deal breaker for me, but it's one honey of a knife.

Ken
玉鋼
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

My vote will go to Tim Zawada. It is CF and IMO the shape of the blade is the classiest out of all.
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

The chapparal
35:spyder:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Probably this... the perfect knife for the guy who has 70,000$ just burning a hole in his pocket. :p

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

There are lots of classy Spydies. The new Des Horn or Chaparral makes a nice gent's folder. So does the Michael Walker, Caly 3 CF, Kiwi, and Kopa. The original Persians, and I always liked the looks of the C42 Viele as a large gentleman's folder. As far as non-Spydies, my favorite is the CRK Mnandi.

I'll have to wait and see what that glass fiber looks like in person before commenting on the Air.
:bug-red-white
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:Certainly my classiest, as well, but the upcoming Gayle Bradley looks pretty slick. No clip may be a deal breaker for me, but it's one honey of a knife.

Ken
+1 . . I really like the concept, but the lack of even a small wire clip is a deal breaker for me as well.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I don't know about "classiest" but I enjoy my CRKT Ken Onion EROS. Titanium framelock with IKBS. Very light, razor sharp, and oh, so smooth opening and closing. (Made in Taiwan) The clip is not the best so I removed it. Not sure it would be as tough as any Spyderco but a very nice "gentleman's folder" My classiest Spydies are my Aqua Salts :D ........ because they get more tough use than any other of my knives. :spyder: Really like the Caly 3 ZDP as well.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

when someone mentions classy i think black tux so i like the knives to have black micarta or some carbon fiber. the smaller knives would blend in more easily than say the Vallotton which is a purdy knife ;) . here is my list in no particular order, most kopas, (including embellished ones, cough cough, lol) kiwis, CF caly 3, the original Veile,the small persian and the CF Walker. that's it off the top of my head, I am sure I am missing a few i would put on the list if i remembered them :D .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Adriaan wrote:I find the spyderco walker the most classy and beautiful gentleman knife. Even compared to other brands, i still like this design the most. The böker walker can't compete to this model. I like it even more than the klotzli walker designs. The blade shape of the spyderco walker is outstanding and the spydie hole is so much nicer then a thumb stud would be on this one. This is definitely an office knife for a gentleman, like a lawyer or businessman.

If spyderco will produce future walker sprint runs. I'm will be very interested.

I'm waiting on my walker blue almite (vg10) :) Yes i found one brand new in a shop in Amsterdam. It was not super cheap, but i think it's worth it. The ZDP walker is also nice :) Cool design!

Which folder do you find the most classy gentleman knife?
Adriaan, thanks for starting this thread. I hadn't really paid close attention to the Bradley Air. It seems to be much that I like in a compact "classy" knive. I hadn't really noticed it was a linerlock. So many of the "smaller" knives are lockback which are good, but I prefer the linerlock. Coupled with M4, weighing 1.27 ounces, and made in Taiwan, this should be a very "classy" knife. I wasn't planning on getting one of these. Will now have to reconsider.