Sprint Run # location...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zencowboy

Sprint Run # location...

Post by Zencowboy »

Hello all, I tried to search for this but once I hit the search now button it just loads a white page!? Tried a couple browsers. Oh well. So posting question here.

I took apart my Manix 2 CTS-BD30P knife to look at the blade for a sprint run # ( I just bought so was eager) and found 06-11. I would assume that is June 2011 when the blade was made? Did not see another number. I attached the photo from my phone.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks!
Attachments
Photo1.jpg
Photo1.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Yep. That's the manufacture date.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
rycen

Post by rycen »

Sprint run are not numbered unless it is a collector club knife
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Some manufacturers put a sprint run number on the blade. Sypderco does not do this. They have a Collector's Club, as mentioned, which means that you pay a membership fee to get knives before they are released for general sale. When you are a member, your member number is laser etched on the blade in front of the Spyderco logo.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Zencowboy wrote:Hello all, I tried to search for this but once I hit the search now button it just loads a white page!? Tried a couple browsers. Oh well. So posting question here.

I took apart my Manix 2 CTS-BD30P knife to look at the blade for a sprint run # ( I just bought so was eager) and found 06-11. I would assume that is June 2011 when the blade was made? Did not see another number. I attached the photo from my phone.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks!
Not sure why the search function wouldn't work for you, I just tried it on IE and mine is working. I take it you used the advanced search since you refer to the search now button so that is the one I tried as well. Sorry I can't offer any help to that but I would suggest trying it again and limiting the search to one word possibly? good luck.
Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

Thanks for all the info! good to know so won't take apart to look at the others;-)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Zencowboy wrote:Hello all, I tried to search for this but once I hit the search now button it just loads a white page!? Tried a couple browsers. Oh well.
Don't worry, as I've run into that same issue from time to time. I think the site just has glitches every once in a while.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sometimes vBulletin does that if you search criteria is so broad that it returns a very large number of hits.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!