Ti- Para 2. Is it in the works??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SCARLETT

Ti- Para 2. Is it in the works??

Post by SCARLETT »

Title says it all. Anyone hear if a frame lock style Para 2 is in the works? Love to see one similar to the M4 Millie.

Someone please make this happen :)
:spyder:33:spyder:
Dreaming of an A.T.R. with combo TI/G10 scales
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Every so often someone here begs for a titanium integral compression locked Para2. No formal response yet that I've seen.

I wouldn't count it out of the picture. Keep wishing on that star :) .
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

This would be fantastic - but I haven't seen any "bombshells from Sal" about this.

I'd actually like to see a titan-handled unit with a normal compression lock - which would be much easier to produce because it would require less retooling. The only change would be the need to eliminate the nested liners...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Maybe we should bug him with a 17k post thread like the Dodo and settle for an ATR sprint? ;)
Koen Z

Post by Koen Z »

Can somebody of you explain me why you would like a Ti Para 2?

The knife would weight a lot more, cost a lot more.

I see no real benefits. The knife 'as it is', is plenty stiff.
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

Koen Z wrote:Can somebody of you explain me why you would like a Ti Para 2?

Because there isn't one....
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
chewy667

Post by chewy667 »

A lot of us think of the Para 2 as a perfect knife. And at the same a lot of us love titanium. Put 'em both together and you have an even cooler more exclusive knife. It will be heavier and more expensive but it will only effect you if you buy one. They will still make the G10 version. So if it gets made it will make everybody very happy. I only hope it's not a sprint. Maybe a limited production so everybody will have a chance to pick one up.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Koen Z wrote:Can somebody of you explain me why you would like a Ti Para 2?

SS and Ti knives have an intoxicating quality for some. Others not so much. Same reason the Sebenza for some is "just a grey knife".

Funny enough I feel g10 similar compared to FRN with a good patern and grip. Expensive and marginally justified.
hickster

Post by hickster »

I would love to see a Ti Para 2 with holes in the scales like the ATR... and of course, a super premium steel like ELMAX, 390, or good 'ole S90V ;)
Yeah, I'd pay for that.
hickster
mattman

Post by mattman »

I'm in for one!
Regular production integral compression lock would be my choice, but anything the crew does will be fine by me!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

phillipsted wrote:This would be fantastic - but I haven't seen any "bombshells from Sal" about this.

I'd actually like to see a titan-handled unit with a normal compression lock - which would be much easier to produce because it would require less retooling. The only change would be the need to eliminate the nested liners...

TedP
It would have to have liners to have a standard compression lock. I guess they could be non nested but that would make a thicker handle.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Evil D wrote:It would have to have liners to have a standard compression lock. I guess they could be non nested but that would make a thicker handle.
I guess they could just do Ti scales on the factory equipment but it wouldn't have that cool integral look.

As a tangible "perk" I recall these are typically thinner than the standard models. The most comfortable to carry knives I have experienced are the Adventura and WT Kerambit...super thin.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

SCARLETT wrote:Title says it all. Anyone hear if a frame lock style Para 2 is in the works? Love to see one similar to the M4 Millie.

Someone please make this happen :)

I don't think there's been a peep from Sal, Eric or anyone else at Spyderco indicating that they're considering this...it would be nice, but probably tres cher. :spyder: Also, unless the boss jumps it up to the front of the line, it would probably take yeeeeears to appear... :( ...consider the status of the Military 2, which is a knife that Sal has actually discussed... :)
md8232

Post by md8232 »

chewy667 wrote:A lot of us think of the Para 2 as a perfect knife. And at the same a lot of us love titanium. Put 'em both together and you have an even cooler more exclusive knife. It will be heavier and more expensive but it will only effect you if you buy one. They will still make the G10 version. So if it gets made it will make everybody very happy. I only hope it's not a sprint. Maybe a limited production so everybody will have a chance to pick one up.
What he said! :D

But don't forget Tritium vials, then it would glow in the dark with Radiation. :eek:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I wonder how successful are the Ti Millies?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I wonder how successful are the Ti Millies?
If I could ever get one, they would be more successful. :D Been on preorder for months. :( Dealer keeps telling me they are coming. Perhaps one day I will be the proud owner of a Ti fluted millie.
Stony

Post by Stony »

Ti Para2, with a really good blade steel......Sign me up for a few. :D
invisiblemonster

Post by invisiblemonster »

I would buy 2. I'd prefer a G10 front scale and any steel except S30V/35VN...Not that I don't like S30V I just have a lot of knives with it already.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

if this happens, w NEED VANAX75 steel from Bohler Uddehold. Its a nitrogen steel, as stainless as 300 series steel, with edge retention right up in the M4 category :o . That with Ti with rust proof pivots, rivot etc would make it nearly maintenance free
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I just wish that Spyderco would make a f@cking frame lock for us lefties!!!