the only issue with the perfect knife...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
casey1

the only issue with the perfect knife...

Post by casey1 »

so i got the sage and i have carried it for a few days. i have planned on saving up for more and more knives from spyderco but once i got the sage it was clear to me: I don't think anything could be better! It's totally perfect! The only thing i want is a backup. Then possibly maybe trying out other models in the sage series, but i just love everything about this design. two thumbs up to spyderco for this one, but making one so perfect makes me not need to buy many more!
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Oh, you poor naive soul. heh heh heh! You see... it doesn't matter if you found the perfect knife (and the Sage 1 really is). Once you've had a taste of Spyderco, you will be compelled to try the other flavors. Resistance is futile! You shall be assimilated! ;)

If I had to pick another "perfect" Spydie, it would be the Paramilitary 2. You definitely shouldn't buy one!! ;)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The Stretch FRN is pretty fantastic too. :)
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

The Sage 1 is the perfect knife for now. In a few weeks you will get the itch again.
Time will cure your problem.
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

pm2 all the way :)
:spyder: Kiwi 4, Jester, Ladybug, Southard, Junior, Southfork, Chaparral, SpyderSaw, CF S90V PM2, Dfly G-10, PM1 :spyder:
webmaster | sharpthings.net
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

nightburn wrote:pm2 all the way :)
+1 ;)
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I also thought that I will only go with the Centofante3. Oh was I wrong ;)

Like the others who replied before me, I am supportive of the ParaMilitary2. It's just the perfect knife for me (though I also carry a SB Caly3.5 with it).
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Vicinadp

Post by Vicinadp »

racer88 wrote:Oh, you poor naive soul. heh heh heh! You see... it doesn't matter if you found the perfect knife (and the Sage 1 really is). Once you've had a taste of Spyderco, you will be compelled to try the other flavors. Resistance is futile! You shall be assimilated! ;)

If I had to pick another "perfect" Spydie, it would be the Paramilitary 2. You definitely shouldn't buy one!! ;)
You got it right. I thought the exact same thing with my centofante 3. Then I got a navaja. Then I got Sage 3. Then I got a sage 2. Then I got a sage 1. Then I got a Manix 2. Then I got a para 2. Then 2 para 2 sprint runs. Etc. Etc. Etc. Its like a drug addiction your never one and done with Spydie's
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

If you love the sage 1, try the sage 2...then maybe the para 2, oh don't forget to check out the endura line as well...

you poor naive soul....this is how it all starts

Soon you will be questing for the specialty steels...M4, M390, S90V, H1...

Good luck to you.
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

I envy you.
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I almost....ALMOST....thought that very same thing right after I received my Para 2. It never lasts though...trust me! lol
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I've had all three Sages and as others said, if you like the Sage 1, try the Sage 2. You won't regret it.
MCM

Post by MCM »

That's the hook. Finding the perfect folder.
Its kept me busy for over 35 yrs........ LOL LOL

I may have found it, but unless I keep trying others I wont know for sure. :D

Also, I cant tell you what it is......... ;)
Find out on your own.......
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The Para 2 is pretty much perfect for me too. I might be content, but they just keep coming out with Para 2 sprints!

The Sage series will likely continue for a while too.
:bug-red-white
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

gbelleh wrote:The Para 2 is pretty much perfect for me too. I might be content, but they just keep coming out with Para 2 sprints!

The Sage series will likely continue for a while too.
Exactly. :) And there's no end in sight! I went from a S30v PM2 to a S90v PM2 to a 20CP PM2, got the M390 PM2 on the way and now a pre-order for the XHP PM2.

I didn't realize "perfect" had so many flavors. :p
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

You guys are too funny, but Sooo true.
Another thing is the longer he visits the forum, the worse its going to get (I speak from experience)

I would say PM2 or Native 5 to add in there along with a stretch among many others, Dragonfly cannot be left behind! So so many. I figure by the end of this year; I should have 1 of ea knife that interests me; thats only if I can keep up with all the sprints coming this yr