Which Spydie is right for me?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

my only issue is that i don't really like lockbacks. i enjoy liner and compression locks (although i've never had one) more then lockbacks. i dont know what it is about them...
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

jack
i might agree. the resilience is a little cheaper, is larger, and has a liner lock.
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

is the mili a left-handed knife? i'm seeing some advertised as that.
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Yes. Military have a left-hand version.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

I agree with the comments of holding out and saving for your grail knife -- Military.

But if you have to have a new knife now, I concur with the Endura recommendations too. However, have you though about getting the Cara Cara 2 with the leaf-shaped blade? It's even available in G-10 just like the Millie.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

i have thought about the cara cara. i have the cara cara rescue, so i wanted a little more variety, and i wanted a REAL spyderco. also, i dont really like lockbacks.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

You can get a para 2 for 95$. If at all possible save your cash. I own several enduras, and delicas, and a stretch. All are great knives, I also own a military, and para2. As said above difference is night and day all are great knives, but i read somewhere that the para2 is considered by many to be the greatest knife made in the U.S.A. at its price range, and I hafta say i agree. I love my military, don't get me wrong, but the compression lock to me is my favorite lock hands down. If its possible for you to save for the para 2 ,I suggest that.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Spydieguy wrote:i have thought about the cara cara. i have the cara cara rescue, so i wanted a little more variety, and i wanted a REAL spyderco. also, i dont really like lockbacks.
Man, did I miss all of those clues in posts above?!?! :o Ha ha. Well then, I'll just go with saving up for a Millie. :D
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

so I'm either getting the resilience, or the para mili. (probably the para-military) keep the tips coming though! and let me know if you guys find a deal on a paramilitary or a military.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Ultimately Spydieguy the decision on what is right for you will rest on your shoulders. I don't think you can go wrong no matter which direction you choose to pursue. I'm confident you'll be happy with whatever end result comes your way :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

what are the differences between para-military 1 and 2?
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

dbcab----thank you. :)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

all the changes people requested on the pm1 were put on the 2.
95% people would agree that the PM2 is better.
I think you would enjoy the **** out of one :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Spydieguy wrote:so I'm either getting the resilience, or the para mili. (probably the para-military) keep the tips coming though! and let me know if you guys find a deal on a paramilitary or a military.
The Para2 and Resilience aren't in the same league. With both you get a great product for the money.

Para1 to the Para2: thicker and shorter blade, wider handle, tip-down clip only, different pivot system.

The #2 is more refined but some prefer the # 1 (few but some I think do). You're not really saving any money going with the previous model.
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

thanks for your input Travis and Blerv. i am only asking because i found the PM1 cheaper than the PM2. so is the extra $10 or so worth it?
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Spydieguy wrote:thanks for your input Travis and Blerv. i am only asking because i found the PM1 cheaper than the PM2. so is the extra $10 or so worth it?
Sure is! :D ;)
Spydieguy

Post by Spydieguy »

is there any way to tell a PM1 and 2 apart online? I cant tell which one this is :

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-ParaMili ... B003X9WKOO
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

thats a pm2 para 1s are kinda hard to come by
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

howesknifeshop.com and cutleryshoppe.com has them for 95 and ill give you a free shipping code for cutleryshoppe where you get it $95 shipped jus pm me
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

cutleryshoppe.com sold out sorry check howes though