Pre-order Spydercos on Howe's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I just found out something about Howe's. Free shipping unless you are an international buyer. I won't be thinking their prices are high any more. Free shipping makes up for about any difference in price on the less expensive sites that add shipping. I've seen temporary free shipping with a code or something on other sites but across the board free shipping is something new to me. Has this been their practice for a long time?

Jack
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes. Free shipping on any order, regardless of price, has been around for a while at Howes.
:bug-red-white
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

Howes have been brilliant to me as an international customer.
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

gbelleh wrote:Yes. Free shipping on any order, regardless of price, has been around for a while at Howes.
xavierdoc wrote:Howes have been brilliant to me as an international customer.
Sounds like a fair company to do business with. I've heard lots of good and no bad things about Howe's.

Jack
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I will contest that Jim is top notch! Fastest shipping I have had from anyone. He will take care of you. Pricing is just like anyone else. Som are a little higher and some are lower priced than competitors.

I am sceptical on preordering the new sprints, etc that were just announced. Reason being is because I bought a sage 4 collector from Jim, not find out that CS is almost $20 cheaper. Jim has price matched for me in the past, its just hard right now since he is the only one to have preorders on the new sprints that were just announced. I might do it anyway because I like Jim, really want those knives and his pricing usually isn't too far off of the best deals
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I was on Howe's pre-order list for the Yo2. I got one quite sooner than others who were also wanting the Yo2. Isn't that reason enough Jack? I don't tend to overthink things like these.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

jackknifeh wrote: But if I really wanted the knife and am willing to pay $50 for it I'd still get if it cost $57.

Jack
The extra seven bucks is one meal at Micky D's. No sweat on that part.

I did just buy a Manix2 in CPM M4 from Howe's. It came within two or three days. Great service. I was happy with the price and the product. Jack, I know that you have one of these also, and that you like it.

Now, if I could just find a PM2 in S90V.

Sonny
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Sonny wrote:The extra seven bucks is one meal at Micky D's. No sweat on that part.

I did just buy a Manix2 in CPM M4 from Howe's. It came within two or three days. Great service. I was happy with the price and the product. Jack, I know that you have one of these also, and that you like it.

Sonny
is this even possible? BBS is the exclusive on this. I am pretty sure Jim does not have any M4 manix's.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Slash

Post by Slash »

INFRNL wrote:is this even possible? BBS is the exclusive on this. I am pretty sure Jim does not have any M4 manix's.
Yes, it's possible. They get several cc# knives.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Sonny wrote:The extra seven bucks is one meal at Micky D's. No sweat on that part.

Sonny
I do love the Manix2 with M4. I'd recommend it to anyone as a great work knife. It opens envelopes pretty good also. :D

When I started this thread I mentioned something about Howe's (or any) site keeping the "non-refundable" deposit if someone cancels and the site selling the knife anyway and also having the deposit. I apologize for that and I want to retract any implication that I was directing that theory directly at Howe's or anyone as being greedy. I wasn't implying that but I can see how it looks like I was. So, please just forget I mentioned it please. That's easier than anything I think.

Jack