Who gave away a Spydie over the holidays?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

Who gave away a Spydie over the holidays?

Post by dbcad »

I've only been able to gift some of the less expensive models :o But I figure if they have the Spyderco name on them, they are safe and useful :)

A Honeybee and bug went to a couple of friends in October, ZDP L'Bug went to the arrowhead and stone knife maker in late December, an arrowhead and pink flash drive went to Adriaan and will be there in about a week. Gave a 78mm Rescue to a volunteer fireman and EMT asking him to use it over the vacation. If he likes the knife it will be his :)

The latest will be a Honeybee and Grasshopper to the 1st and 2nd shift storeroom folks at work. With the contract labor shakeup at work they have lost quite a few benefits, yet they are still extremely friendly and helpful. I'm certain they will appreciate these modest gifts.

Took out the H'Bee and G'Hopper this morning to make sure they were fit and sharp before they're gifted. They both came with a nice sharp edge but I still polished the edges just a little bit on a loaded strop, until they cut cheap yellow notepad paper against the grain with ease :D A hair of lateral blade play in the G'Hopper made me hesitate, but I think only a knife nut would notice and take offense at it.

Went on much longer than I thought I would, apologies :o

For me this season the real gift has been in the giving :D :D :D Happy New Year :)
Attachments
grasshopper honeybee.jpg
grasshopper honeybee.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

I gave my son an Endura 4, and a Kiwi in stainless...
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I got my dad the vg-10 Stretch and Father-In-Law a black Delica.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
KBR

Post by KBR »

I gave my brother a Military(his first Spyder)....and a Sharpmaker to keep that Millie sharp. :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
grg

Post by grg »

I gave both of my sons a orange manix 2,and my granddaughter a purple ffg delica.They were very pleased.I almost always give spydercos for Christmas these days.
Last year I gave them a M4 spyderco mule that Raleigh Tabor handled,and made a sheath for.I gave my granddaughter a blue delica.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Not really for the holiday, but I'll be gifting a toxic green USN fisherman to my best friend in Florida here in a week for his graduation gift from nursing school. This knife will be put to very good use with its new future owner. It will also be his first :spyder:

That is to say as long as TSA doesn't get sticky-fingers in my check in bag.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

gave a buddy my native 5 after he tried to give me a china pos gas station mall ninja thing-he forgot to give it to me last year for xmas-
i had to show him what a real quality knife looked and felt like-not sure he completely understands yet-but as a freind i had to give it a try-lol
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I gave my mom's husband a serrated Ladybug Salt.
computernut

Post by computernut »

I gave a coworker friend a Persistance. I'll check with him after the holidays to see what he thinks about his first Spyderco.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I don't know too many people who would really appreciate a Spyderco. But I gave my father-in-law a stainless Dragonfly. This was after seeing the cheap, stainless, gas station knife he was carrying. :eek:

He loved the Dragonfly. :spyder: :D
:bug-red-white
CXXX

SFO Trip!

Post by CXXX »

I took my sons to Colorado to ski, and it included a trip to SFO.

I already had a USN Catcherman for my youngst son; but he also picked up the Manix2 Lightweight and a Dragonfly2 H1,

My oldest son went old school and got a Stainless Delica4. :spyder: :spyder:

Great Visit
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I gave my father a G-10 Dragonfly 2.

He was impressed with the sharpness of the little guy.
sixmoon

Post by sixmoon »

I bought around 11 spyderco's for my family this year, mainly endura's , delica's dragonfly's and ladybugs, all great knives at a great price ! actually i think the total was around 500 box for all of that... pretty amazing for 11 great knives !
Family love them already !
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I bought my Dad a tenacious . He loves it!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I got my son a Stag Arms Manix and my future son-in-law a Sharpmaker. The were both happy campers.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I got my son a Stag Arms Manix and my future son-in-law a Sharpmaker. The were both happy campers.
JackC

Gifts

Post by JackC »

Gave my brother's twin sons Kiwi's on Christmas Eve, we spent the next hour on the internet looking at Spyderco knifes. I'll get them something a bit more robust for their birthdays in May.

Happy New Year
CubistHamster

Post by CubistHamster »

Got a purple Ladybug for my mom, and a Chaparral for my stepdad.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

LOL, Sixmoon!! :) :) Great picture! I love it! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

"I bought around 11 spyderco's for my family this year, mainly endura's , delica's dragonfly's and ladybugs, all great knives at a great price ! actually i think the total was around 500 box for all of that... pretty amazing for 11 great knives !
Family love them already !"

Interesting picture :D The real gift is truly in the giving :) :) Enjoy your knives and edges :D :D

PS I hope none of those stuffed animals had surgery :eek:
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]