sage1!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
casey1

sage1!!!

Post by casey1 »

Just got it. Love everything about it! Little nick on part of the liner but I'm an adult so I don't care. The only thing so far I can complain about is the smoothness. It can be flicked open but it has some consistent resistance while slowly opening/closing. Is this normal? My delica isn't like that (other than the lockbar) and the lockbar of the sage can be moved to the side and it still offers resistance closing
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I can only speak for my own, which is the proberbial "buttery smooth" when opening.
computernut

Post by computernut »

Loosen the pivot, put in some oil, tighten up to suit. If it's too loose the blade gets pushed off-center by the liner so I keep mine tightened up a bit but still loose enough to be smooth. If you find your pivot loosening over time use a small amount of blue Loctite on the screw threads.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Congrats! Best knife ever.
I don't think you have a problem. Use it a while. Then to test if you have the just right tension on the pivot, hold the lock lug down so it doesn't contact the blade tang, and rotate the blade, it should have just a tiny bit of drag(no flopping blade).
Happy Sages to you. :)
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

mikerestivo wrote:I can only speak for my own, which is the proberbial "buttery smooth" when opening.
Indeed, mine as well.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Sage 1 i had was second in pivot smoothness only to the Manix 2 i had. Those two knives were like heaven to open.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
casey1

Post by casey1 »

I did what computernut said and it helped! The screw stripped a little :( but I filed the sharp part down with a sharpmaker rod. Hope they'll give me a replacement screw when I go to the sfo. I love this sage :) now I think the 2 is next on my list! Perfect knife! No complaints at all! Just perfect!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Let's see some pics! :)

Congrats!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge