Blue M390 Para 2 at my door

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Blue M390 Para 2 at my door

Post by jabba359 »

Well, well. Look what the mailman just handed to me...
Attachments
M390 Para 2.jpg
M390 Para 2.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

:mad: My mail man just handed me bills. Maybe tomarrow then. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KBR

Post by KBR »

Very nice!!! Glad I jumped on the bandwagon....just put my order in this morning so I am going to have to wait a bit, but it will be well worth it. :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

My tracking number says it will be here tomorrow!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

All I got from the mailman was bills too . That's a sweet looking P2 I just put in an order for the orange P2.
35:spyder:
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Wowowowow !!!!!. Im going to get my mailer to send express, I CANT WAIT :D :D :D
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Looks beautiful. I guess in CA, we pay the extra taxes so we can get 1 day shipping :D . Mine should be here around 4:00pm. Can't wait!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very nice. My mailman won't be at my door until after 6pm for some reason. And he won't even have a Para 2 for me until tomorrow!
:bug-red-white
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

One more, just to make the wait that much harder :p :
Attachments
Para 2 sea of color.jpg
Para 2 sea of color.jpg (89.21 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
-Kyle

Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

WOW, the blue really POPS in the second picture. I really want/wanted one of these, but it's hard to justify the price now with the low cost of the orange para2.

Post by 1623 »

Alchemy1 wrote:WOW, the blue really POPS in the second picture. I really want/wanted one of these, but it's hard to justify the price now with the low cost of the orange para2.
Some may argue that the M390 more than justifies the added cost.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I normally don't go crazy for all the different color variations etc....but I gotta admit....I LOVE that blue Para 2! Very nice!!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

Sweet pictures Jabba !
35:spyder:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Alchemy1 wrote:WOW, the blue really POPS in the second picture. I really want/wanted one of these, but it's hard to justify the price now with the low cost of the orange para2.
I had to do some Photoshop magic to get it like that, but my camera doesn't capture the color accurately. I feel that the second picture looks almost exactly like the knife does in sunlight, a sort of electric royal blue. The orange on the Millie is a little out of control after tweaking, but I didn't feel like spending the time to tone it back down, as I was going for accuracy on the Para2 while the others are just there to lend color variance. Of course, I haven't calibrated my monitor in ages and most everyone's monitors are going to vary, so it's hard to guarantee that what you see is what you'd get in the mail.

And yes, the orange Para2 pricing does make this one harder to justify...
-Kyle

alerin

Post by alerin »

Any first thoughts? I believe it's your first Para 2.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Very Nice! I got in on the order late too, can't wait. Also ordered the Carrot top this morning; then to wait for the green CTS-204P later in the yr!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

alerin wrote:Any first thoughts? I believe it's your first Para 2.
Yep, it's my first Para 2. I have to say that with the very limited time I've been playing with it, I like it. I've been carrying a Millie for quite some time and, while I've gotten used to the size, it still feels a bit big for my hand. The Para 2 reminds me of a smaller Millie, but one whose size feels just right. For reference, I have fairly large hands (I can just barely palm a basketball), but skinny fingers, so I don't need a particularly long handle.

Build quality seems excellent. Pivot action is smooth; if I hold the lock disengaged and rotate the handle, the blade will stay pointing down. The lock engages solidly, but with a maximum amount of room left for wear-in. It came nice and sharp with an even bevel for most of the blade, but the tip was ground at noticeably different angles. Nothing that won't be fixed after a few sharpenings. I like the G-10, as it's very grippy. It has a larger, more aggressive texture pattern than my orange Millie, foliage green Manix 2, Khukuri, and Caly 3, offering stickier grip. It may wear out pockets a bit faster, but it feels really nice in my hand.

Is it worth the money? That's hard to say. It is the most I've paid for a knife, but I really wanted to get some M390 in a folder and I really like the blue (which just so happens to be my favorite color). Sure the CS exclusive is quite a bit cheaper, but I've already got some orange (with my preorder Dodo soon to add yet another) and I've also got XHP in a folder (Manix 2). For me, to get this tone of blue, some M390, as well as a new-to-me model, it was close. I'm still on the edge as to whether it was worth the money, but once I get some use out of it and forget the hurt to my wallet, I'm pretty sure I'll say "Yes, it was worth it."
-Kyle

alerin

Post by alerin »

Glad you like it, mine should be here tomorrow!!!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

One on the evil big auction site with 3 days left at 200 already lol
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Boeha just been updated by Bento on shipping date, 26/01/2012 !?! :eek: :confused:
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE