USN Catcherman - a review

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nemo3000

USN Catcherman - a review

Post by Nemo3000 »

Hi,

here is the link to my little review about the C17:

http://nemoknivesreview.wordpress.com/2 ... een-power/

Cheers
Nemo
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Thanks for the review and nice pictures. Seems that the Catcherman is a lot more versatile than I had imagined. I'm glad to see that yours is getting such extensive use.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

That was an excellent review and great photos! Thank you!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Thanks for the review :) . Mine should be here any day now, maybe even today :D
Nemo3000

Post by Nemo3000 »

Congratulations ! I have found your thread about it.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53324

Tell us about your different use of it.
:)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Nemo3000 wrote:Congratulations ! I have found your thread about it.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53324

Tell us about your different use of it.
:)
I will when ive cut stuff :) , all Ive done so far is slice some fruit, what a slicer. I see this good with kitchen utility/slicing knife :D
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

That's a great site Nemo. I had a quick glance through your reviews and posts and will need to spend more time there.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Although the Catcherman may not be a knife I'm likely to get, it's a joy to read your review!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Nemo3000

Post by Nemo3000 »

KardinalSyn wrote:That's a great site Nemo. I had a quick glance through your reviews and posts and will need to spend more time there.
Mr Blonde wrote:Although the Catcherman may not be a knife I'm likely to get, it's a joy to read your review!
Thank you for the nice words.

Frankly the Catcherman was really *not* the knife I would have bought until I hold it in my hands. And... Once open it's light but also perfectly balanced. Very 'handy'. Very serious.
I immediatly figure how useful it could be and eventually it has proven to be really a great knife for food and meat preparation.
Usually I'm so in love with natural (wood) or dull colors (G10, Titanium, CF) for my knives and this one is screaming GREEN like a smurf screams BLUE ! :D
But again, the Catcherman is so great once put in use... the black blade, the grinning goat logo and half serrated blade... True, it's almost like a 'caricature" of a 'tactical' folding knife which makes it immediatly sympathic to my eye and strangely... very sheeple friendly. ('Oh, it's green!!!'. Yes it is.).

Makes me think about a clown in a circus. You know clowns got a lot of flashy colors and strange "over the top" gear, like very long shoes for example.
In a movie, the USN Catcherman could be the knife flashed by the Joker in the face of a scared Gotham policeman but...
Like the clown there is a long strory of labour and courage behind the mask.
To be a clown is not the easiest job in the circus: you need to be a good acrobat (means your fitness needs to be at the top always), you need to be a musician (good enough to improvised on every tune and multi-instrumentalist) and you need to be a good comedian.
The USN C17 is my clown knife: "once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
;)
Really, this knife make me smile everytime I open it. In a very good way.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Excellent review Nemo, makes me want one now.
TomH

Post by TomH »

An excellent review. Glad I bought two of them.