Lost my Delica today :(

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BonnieDoon

Lost my Delica today :(

Post by BonnieDoon »

Had a wonderful Christmas yesterday, used my white delica to open everyones gifts, went for a walk today and when I got home, my delica was not in my pocket :( so upset. I have never lost a knife before, and I had to lose my favorite one. Anyone else lost a spydie? I cannot believe how bummed I am
Viva La :spyder:

My :spyder: knives:
Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Foliage Green Delica 4 CE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Aww, Man... I feel your pain. Maybe Santa hasn't made it all the way back to the North Pole yet and can bring you a belated Christmas gift...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

Wll,hey, if you just "went for a walk", it can't be very far away, unless you went for a walk with Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin,LOL !!! :D GO LOOK FOR IT !!!
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Switchback

Post by Switchback »

[quote="MIL-DOT"]

With all due respect, BonnieDoon, wiser words were never spoken.

Good luck. Hope you find it.
Rick T.
BonnieDoon

Post by BonnieDoon »

I just went and retraced my steps, and nowhere to be found. Doesn't help that I live in a snow covered area and the knife handle is white :p should have grabbed the black handled one in hindsight. On well just another excuse to go back to W&W and buy a new one

Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
cckw

Post by cckw »

probably didn't leave with it, look around the house. I opened gifts with a tiny razor blade knife with only the tip sticking out.. come to think of it I haven't seen that since. Perhaps there is some kind of Christmas knife curse...
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

BonnieDoon wrote:Doesn't help that I live in a snow covered area and the knife handle is white :p
LOL yeah man that kinda sucks!

I never lost a knife, but for most of my favourite knives a have back ups... (from 4 models i have back ups) I'm prepared :p
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

BonnieDoon wrote:I just went and retraced my steps, and nowhere to be found. Doesn't help that I live in a snow covered area and the knife handle is white :p should have grabbed the black handled one in hindsight. On well just another excuse to go back to W&W and buy a new one
Any chance you know someone with a hand-held metal detector ? The kind folks wander up and down the beach with ?
It's not too late to bring this one back home....remember.....NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND !!!!! ;)
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Inusuit

Post by Inusuit »

Over the years, I've lost two Enduras and a Native.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

That's a bummer. I lost a calypso jr while riding my motorcycle if that makes you feel any better. Black, VG-10. Had my knives stolen a while back.. in a way, they were "lost". Oh, and my best friend stole my C56PS Tim Zowada. :/ I feel your pain.
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
dman62

Post by dman62 »

That stinks, hope it shows up.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I feel your pain! I lost a SS Delica that my Dad gave me a couple of months ago. Good luck finding it!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
syphen

Post by syphen »

Lost some Dragonflies myself. Lost them while riding a motorcycle on a nice long twisty road. Came out of my pocket. This was with the old FRN molded clips. The new Dfly2's with wire clips do not have the same problem.

Huge bummer. Know how you feel. Time to order a replacement!!
Too many Spydies to list!
BonnieDoon

Post by BonnieDoon »

Thanks for the words of support everyone. It's funny how you feel like a part of you is missing when you are so used to a certain object always being on you, whether it be wallet, keys etc. If it does not turn up, i hope it finds a good home, and yet another person sees how great these knives are.

Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

cckw wrote:probably didn't leave with it, look around the house.
Maybe that's it. I've done that twice. The first time I knew I had put my knife in my pocket before leaving the house. I noticed it wasn't in my pocket at some point and knew I had stuck my hand in that pocket a few minutes earlier. I figured I snagged the knife when pulling my hand out and it fell on the ground. But, when I got home there it was on the table feeling hurt that I had left home without it. :D I gave it a hug and apologized and was forgiven. :D

Jack
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Pssst they've got orange handled delicas if your looking to buy, that would be a lot easier to spot... oh and look around the house maybe it did not drop on the road, look in all the cracks maybe you were on the coach and it slipped out from the pocket and went in between the cushions or smth.
thewannabesurvivalist
BAL

Post by BAL »

Go Bonniedoon, look for that knife, reminds me of tune I once heard

By yon bonniedoon an' by yon bonnie braes
Whaur the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
Whaur me an' my Delica will ne-er meet again
On the bonnie, bonnieddoon o' Loch Lomon'.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a Tenacious several months ago
and still find myself looking for it. I scan the ground at home when I am walking.
I look behind this and around that etc etc. I hope that you find it.
Taonari

Post by Taonari »

Sorry to hear of your worries Bonniedoon. Go look for that knife.
JK96

Post by JK96 »

That sucks, have any of you guys taken a bunch of your knives and compared, fondled and oodled over them when they were on the table? i did that and my endura 1 ran away.
i still look for it sometimes, hope you find it!
BAL

Post by BAL »

JK96 wrote:That sucks, have any of you guys taken a bunch of your knives and compared, fondled and oodled over them when they were on the table? i did that and my endura 1 ran away.
i still look for it sometimes, hope you find it!
Welcome JK96,
Let's think about this. Your Endura is missing and so is Bonniedoon's Delica.
Hummmmm. Maybe they are in Vegas.