Christmas surprise presents anyone?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SuzieQ

Christmas surprise presents anyone?

Post by SuzieQ »

Hope you all are having fun with your families and new gadgets under the Christmas tree :-)

I was pretty sure my husband wouldn't get me a Spyderco knife since he finds them not that attractive and he never quite knows which one I've already got ;-) But to my surprise he still got me a knife and a great new bag on top of that.

Here's my brand new Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo and a cool ESEE Izula. Still grinning from ear to ear and jumping around happily.

Any surprises under the try for you guys and gals?
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I got a Native 5. It was not a surprise. I carefully steered my wife toward this knife and the online vendor through which to obtain it.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I got the paramilitary 2 I asked Santa for! Is indeed the best Spyderco I now own.
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I gave my father a G10 Dragonfly.

After saying thanks, he said it takes a nice edge and thanked me again.
brightb

Post by brightb »

Got a home made gift certificate for any new Spydie that comes out this year from my girl friend :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just got cash...most of the time they take the safe option and just give me money for a knife instead of buying the wrong knife. Now i'm just torn between ordering a Yojimbo 2 or saving up and getting either a CTS-20CP or S90V Para 2...probably the 20CP and get the Yojimbo 2 at tax time.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Got a satin digicamo para2 from my mom and dad
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Nice gifts you guys are getting …

I didn't get a Spydie (for Christmas), but I did get a GEC dogleg jack in smooth yellow bone … a very nice knife in its own right … ;)

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
racer88

Post by racer88 »

No Spydies under the tree for me. But, I've certainly not been deprived over the past year. Got my Manix 2 XL just a week or so ago.

But, I DID get VERY surprised by my wife. She got me a Chiappa Rhino 20DS. I started a thread (with photos of this very cool and innovative revolver) here.

Merry Christmas, Gun-mas, and Knife-mas everyone! :D
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

I got my first millie, and according to my wife some other spydie ,but santa didnt get the order in time to ship it by christmas, hes such a slacker!!lol
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I got a titanium UKPK. I don't know HOW my wife knew... or WHERE to get it. ;) Beautiful. I'll post pics after I mod it. Hole isn't sharp enough for my liking, and needs a ramp on the side leading to the hole for easier opening. Just my pickiness - very nice knife! :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

My wife tricked me this year and told me she didn't want to buy me any knives. So this morning she surprised me with the Dragonfly Lightweight! Awesome knife.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Gifted myself a Translucent Blue Manix 2 and a Spyderco embroidered chamois cloth, arrived in time for Christmas.
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

Oh, there's some nice stuff there, guys. And some real surprises, too. Always makes me smile :-) Since I got myself two Spydies before Christmas - ZDP Delica and a Centofante 4 - I really didn't expect another knife under the tree. But obviously the husband listened quite closely to my ramblings over the last months :-)
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

mikerestivo wrote:I got a Native 5. It was not a surprise. I carefully steered my wife toward this knife and the online vendor through which to obtain it.
Glad it worked out and the wife let herself being steered into the right direction :D Enjoy the knife.

CrimsonTideShooter

Post by CrimsonTideShooter »

I had a very Spydie Christmas.

Got a CF S90V Para 2, an M4 Manix 2, and a Grey VG-10 Endura.

I was happy to say the least. :)
Arillon

Post by Arillon »

I was surprised with a Moonglow Manix! I was initially disappointed with how translucent the scales are compared to the first batch of the moonglows but they are quickly growing on me. :)
12/25/2010 - :spyder: Manix 2 Orange Sprint run.
1/31/2011 - :spyder: Endura 4 Blue.
3/26/2011 - :spyder: Military Black Blade Digi Camo.
7/13/2011 - :spyder: Paramilitary CTS-20cp Sprint run.
9/6/2011 - :spyder: USN Toxic Green Catcherman Sprint.
12/25/2011 - :spyder: Moonglow Manix.
1/5/2012 - :spyder: Navaja.
2/25/2012 - :spyder: M390 CF Military Sprint run.
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Jazz wrote:I got a titanium UKPK. I don't know HOW my wife knew... or WHERE to get it. ;)
Wives are VERY good at that sort of thing!
fuzzydog

Post by fuzzydog »

Got a Junior for my son...he was happy but even more so this morning when Santa left an orange Delica in his stocking.....all he wanted was another Spyderco...
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Got a Lum Tanto but the blades just about touching the liner on one side, so I will be sending it back. Like the knife if they can get me one without any issues.