Okay, Sal, time to 'fess up: which is it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tr4022

Okay, Sal, time to 'fess up: which is it?

Post by tr4022 »

Hope that's not too cheeky for a first-time poster. Anyway, I was wondering if Sal could tell us what his edc is? I've read everything from a Caly 3.5 to a manbug. That covers an awful lot of territory. Sal? Care to comment?

Oh, and I'm wishing the entire Spyderco community a merry and safe Christmas! Gotta go finishing decorating the tree!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The man literally has the keys to the castle and all the toys inside...i really don't know if someone with that many options could limit themselves to just one knife no matter how awesome it was.

What i really wanna know is how many one-off knives Sal has had made for himself over the years...like knives with steel options that were never put out for the public. I would definitely like to have a tour of his collection.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:The man literally has the keys to the castle and all the toys inside...i really don't know if someone with that many options could limit themselves to just one knife no matter how awesome it was.
Yep, we have a few knives and we rotate. If you have the whole lineup and the capability to make knives using all that equipment, I think you'd have more than a few in your rotation.
Evil D wrote:What i really wanna know is how many one-off knives Sal has had made for himself over the years...like knives with steel options that were never put out for the public. I would definitely like to have a tour of his collection.
Interesting thought.
Knifestyle

Post by Knifestyle »

He's stated that he always carried a Ladybug, but recently replaced that with the Manbug because his own experiences resulted in the creation of the Manbug. For main EDC, I've heard he carries modified models or prototypes, seems to change every time he comments.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Welcome Aboard! I'd say there's virtually no limit to what the man himself would carry from day to day. With the limited number of Spydercos I own none (45-50) of them get carried all that much, even though a Spyderco is in my pocket every day. Must be even more so with Sal I'd imagine. Still, the thought of being able to make most any knife in most any steel is a wonderful thought. Must be like Christmas every day of the year.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lately i believe the current knife is the ZDP Caly 3.5 prototype, i think i've seen him comment on that one a few times.
~David
Bearcat1

Post by Bearcat1 »

I thought Sal also carries a Stretch once in a while. :D
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

If I were Sal, I'd have a bulletproof vest on. Except, instead of ceramic plates, they'd be knives. Just cuz I can. :cool:
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Mmmm, "the keys to the castle and all the toys inside." Yeah, when you put it like that.....

Well, got the tree decorated, but miles to go before I sleep.
G10KnifeNut

Post by G10KnifeNut »

I heard its the chaparral ;)
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

My money is on the Bug.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

C'mon guys, Sal doesnt carry a knife any more than angelina jolie tries clothes on: they have their staff do the dirty work for them. If Sal has something to cut he taps the spyder badge on his shirt and five able bodied steel junkies appear from elevator tubes in the ground. He gives a mere glance at the one he wants to have cut for him, and the steel junkie hops into action, be it a stray thread or a PB&J sandwich.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Well, if you owned Spyderco, what spydie would you carry? I bet any answer will be correct some of the time.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

I asked this question as my first post too, I believe he said he always has a ladybug on him ,and some sort of prototype. Hope this helps
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I heard he carries a light saber.
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

I just recall him saying a few days ago that he's currently carrying something in ZDP, but that's all I got. ;)
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

enduraguy wrote:I heard he carries a light saber.
I heard he carries CHUCK NORRIS, who actually carries the light sabre :D .
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

mil-dot wrote:i heard he carries chuck norris, who actually carries the light sabre :d.
rotfl mil dot.....
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Here ya go, the most recent comment made about what Sal's carrying:
A Caly 3.5 ZDP / CF prototype and a production "Manbug".

sal
Thread:
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post724752
~David
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Does Chuck carry a production light saber or sprint run?
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic