How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

to be honest, havent used a spyderco in months, .... **** strider
natebonebusta

Post by natebonebusta »

Just turned my PM2 loose on a peach. No need to get the hands sticky.
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

I butterflied some chicken for my wife using a Delica 4
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

Co worker needed to cut a bunch of cardboard down to make smaller, specific sized boxes. ended up using my cento 4 because it worked much better than the box cutter...

also found out where this lightweight shines compared to my military is that it can be put in my breast pocket like a pen and not even be noticed.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Used my Dragonfly2 PE to open a box. not much but always useful. Performed Very well.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I used my new PE Ladybug (in foliage green FRN) to free a young lad from his balloon last night at our county fair. Apparently, the kid had accidently tied the balloon string too tightly around his wrist and began to panic when he couldn’t get it off. The kid’s grandfather was standing nearby and asked me, “Do you happen to have a knife handy?” I smiled. “But of course.” The Ladybug’s virgin blade sang through the string like hot butter. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
1965ford

Post by 1965ford »

I used a Pacific Salt to kill a black widow spider living in my mailbox. The knife had enough reach that I could hold it by the end of the handle and squish the spider with the flat side of the blade. The Pacific Salt is my go to yard work knife, I tend to sweat all over everything when working outside and don't want to fuss with cleaning up a knife after, so it is the knife I had with me at the time. Would this use be considered cannibalism?
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Had to get a branch off a hunting trail ... (FrankenCaraCara Rescue G10)

[ATTACH]22392[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Byrd Rescue.JPG
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

I cut some butcher paper while putting up some bulletin boards up in my classroom.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Used my Caly 3.5 to open the boxes on 2 Mules, a Native Forum knife & 2 Opinel #8's which all arrived together! Banner day for me, best I've had all year.
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

Used my Southard to cut cord for tying up my Tomatoe plants that were blown down by a thunderstorm.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
Jax

Post by Jax »

^ sweet knife you have there Steelydan.Is that ironwood,or bocote or something? It's just beautiful!
As for me nothing exciting today,used my SB caly to cut up a orange,did a sweet job (pun intended)
Then washed it's handle and blade (it was a juicy sucker) then dried it off and oiled it's blade with some olive oil.
:)
Jax

Post by Jax »

Commendatore wrote:Had to get a branch off a hunting trail ... (FrankenCaraCara Rescue G10)

[ATTACH]22392[/ATTACH]
Holy cow you cut through that! :)
Long live the cara cara rescue2 (or spyder edges for that matter)
You must have been pumped after that,looks like a crazy workout :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Just open a coffee bad and a box with fiber one bars for breakfast. Of cause it was The Forum knife
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, since holidays are over and I'm back to work today, I cut a lot of cardboard already with mt PE Salt 1.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

Jax wrote:^ sweet knife you have there Steelydan.Is that ironwood,or bocote or something? It's just beautiful!
As for me nothing exciting today,used my SB caly to cut up a orange,did a sweet job (pun intended)
Then washed it's handle and blade (it was a juicy sucker) then dried it off and oiled it's blade with some olive oil.
:)
Thanks Jax. It's Macassar Ebony. I have had that piece of wood in my scrap box for at least 15 years!
Dan.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Last night I was hanging out with some friends around a fire and I used my native4 to stab and retrieve bacon I had after it was cooked. Bacon is always good.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I stuck a D'fly into the top of my index finger... Awesome.

I would have taken pictures but phones are a big no no on the production floor at work. I was doing something dumb, trimming excess off a rubber belt I had replaced and gave myself a good bite.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I placed my new Halpern scales on my K390 Mule and proceeded to test the edge only to slice open my thumb. Wow what a factory edge.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Jax wrote:Holy cow you cut through that! :)
Long live the cara cara rescue2 (or spyder edges for that matter)
You must have been pumped after that,looks like a crazy workout :)
It did take some minutes but PE knives couldn´t do such work.
Usually I take the G10 UKPK Rescue for jobs like this, Spyderedges just run through wood!!!!
Wouldn´t have to but did sharpen it afterwards, now my G10 Byrd Rescue shaves again. 8Cr13MoV can do serious work too!!!!