How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

xceptnl wrote:I used my pocket scalpel (Caly 3 SB) to precisely cut wrapping paper and finish the Christmas gifts to go under the tree. My wife is a Christmas nut and typically starts decorating early the week of thanksgiving. We have many trees in the house and all must have presents under them to "look finished". :D The look she gave me when I was using the Spyderco instead of scissors was priceless.
Yep, women do not understand these "manly" notions of us knife nuts.

:)
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Between the serrated edges of the Dragonfly Salt (yesterday), and Aqua Salt (today), this box of litchis did not stand a change.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Today we used the Sharpmaker to teach my son how to sharpen a SAK. We did this to work on his Whitlin Chit for Cub Scouts. He got it paper slicing sharp all on his own. No blood letting either. Couldn't be prouder. Thanks Spyderco for making a Scout friendly sharpener that really works.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

I used my Chaparral to open a box of batteries.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
Holland

Post by Holland »

vaisforlovers wrote:Today we used the Sharpmaker to teach my son how to sharpen a SAK. We did this to work on his Whitlin Chit for Cub Scouts. He got it paper slicing sharp all on his own. No blood letting either. Couldn't be prouder. Thanks Spyderco for making a Scout friendly sharpener that really works.
great post!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
remnar

Post by remnar »

I used my PM2 to open a box containing two more boxes. The two boxes contained a Cricket and a Dragonfly, and they also needed to be opened using the PM2, because they were sealed with tape. The Cricket is for me and the Dragonfly is a gift for my daughter.

-remnar
Greg Walker

Post by Greg Walker »

Used my Matriarch 2 to open new package of dental floss, waxed, of course :) .

Yes, very, very sexy :D
GW
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

A little carving and slicing!

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

On food, yeah!

Love it!

dishcore

Post by dishcore »

I used my Manix 2 to open a package of sealing / finishing oil for the ziricote scales on my MT17. Yeeeah.
remnar

Post by remnar »

I used my cricket to make the vent hole in the lid of my coffee cup bigger. :D
spyder_happy

Post by spyder_happy »

My Dragonfly2 salt and I took down a pile of boxes for the bin and modified others to fit product being shipped, then it was package open duty off and on for a few more hours. I. Love. This. Knife.
The list goes on...
DF2: salt se, hap 40, vg-10
Delica 4: ffg vg-10, saber CE VG-10
Endura 4: Hap 40, Super Blue, VG-10
Native 5: S35vn/g10, S110v
Manix Lwt: XHP
Pac salt, Tasman, PM2 S30v, Domino XHP,
Stretch frn ZDP-189
baldanthony

Post by baldanthony »

My Blue Lava opened my mail, broke down Christmas boxes, and unwrapped my presents. My Hungarian finally found it's way into my apprehensive hands... glad it did. My first Sharpmaker is scaring the ****e out of all of my Spydies! Happy Holidays, all!
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

My Southard had to take up the slack for a world-renowned tacticool lightsaber that was having trouble with box tear-down duties. And, ohhh did it take up the slack… ;)
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

I peeled through some mail like butter with my Chaparral, just put a fresh edge on it with the Sharpmaker using the Jdavis882 method.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I used my Techno to cut through a bunch of those plastic ties that keep products in their boxes.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

flipe8 wrote:I used my Techno to cut through a bunch of those plastic ties that keep products in their boxes.

Ya gotta watch those.. Cut some this past June with my CAT and slipped on the last one.. 10 stitches later!!! Ya know!! LOL!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Traveling cross country, my car's AC compressor seized. This became appearant when a burning smell started coming out of my vents and when smoke started leaking from the hood. My Caly 3 came to the rescue in the middle-of-nowhere West Virginia. I got back on the road with minimal time lost and the pride I was able to fix this myself!

10 mins later my windows were FOGGED over!

610 miles down, 704 to go. Uncle.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

[ATTACH]23085[/ATTACH]

My USN Catcherman may have done this better .... we need an un coated, plain edge Catcherman sprint!!!
Attachments
IMG_0319a.jpg