How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KardinalSyn

How did you use your Spyderco today?

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi folks,

I wanted to start a thread where everyone can include their post about how they used their favorite Spyderco knife that day :D

So if you have a moment, take the time to write something here. Looking at info on:
1. Whats the Spyderco model
2. What was it used for
3. How well did it serve that purpose and
4 Any issues faced

It will be great if you can post your comments with a picture.

No gritty and gruesome stuff allowed but you can be witty and beautiful :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i used my ss ladybug SE to scuff up a old rock hard pool que tip that wouldnt hold chalk. worked great actually, scratched away at it to bring back the fuzzy fibers.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Used my Caly 3.5 sb. It was used to trim the flimsy stuff that forms on Polycarbonate when its sanded, almost like a flimsy plastic burr, cut foam tape, open a cerial box, open a package from the mail, cut paracord and open and close for my enjoyment :) . Served its purpose, to cut, perfectly :D
AfriadOfSpyders

Post by AfriadOfSpyders »

Use my PM2 to cut label holders at work (strips of solid plastic), cut boxes and rope. Cut through everything like warm butter and I didn't freely the blade dull after the plastic. I just cleaned off the glue from the tape and it was good to go again! :) a SE spyderhawk would have been more suited due to the cutting and its blade shape, which is going to be one of my next 5 spydercos :P
duvaldrummer

Post by duvaldrummer »

I used my Military to open some packages, letters and cut up an orange. I couldn't be any happier with the way it preformed and it didn't have a single hiccup :)
My :spyder:'s : C11FBL Delica 4 ffg; C36CMOBK Military; C123 Sage; C135 PPT; C81G2 Para-Military 2; C75SS3 Kiwi3(2); B02GP SmallFly; C10FPPR Endura 4 FFG; C81GPOR2 Para-Military 2(2); C28BK2 Dragonfly2; C11FPOR Delica 4 ffg; C11GYW Delica 4 Emerson; C88SBK Salt I SpyderEdge; C10JBB Endura Jigged Bone/Damascus; C10PPN Endura;
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

CPM-M4 Military

Cut: Boxes, cement bags, foil thus far. Day is not over. Taking a coffee brake. Helping my dad build a new braai(bbq) area.

Performance: Flawless.

Great thread!
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Thanks everyone for your inputs. You can write each day if you like to.

I am waiting till the day finishes to put up my own post.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

i went running today and i have a ladybug with my house key. i felt i had a stone in my running shoe and used the ladybug to remove it . (blund side to not harm the tip) greeetzzzzzz
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Yesterday I used my SS Cricket/SE to open a box of groceries.
It cut the tape like it wasn't even there :cool:

Later I used my Ambitious to open a letter and it hardly made a sound doing so :cool:
Man, doen that 8Cr13MoV get sharp :eek:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
BAL

Post by BAL »

Early morning still dark, walking from truck to office
keys in left hand, Yojimbo 2 in right,
didn't use it, but it was there, JIC.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

At 5:30 I used my Chaparral to open a package of pink lemonaid to pour into a carbonated water bottle. I drink that stuff non-stop.

I would include pictures but the excitement would be too much for your timid hearts to handle. :D

Jack
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Used my Para2 to open six pouch bags this morning. It cut as it is supposed to.

For lunch, had a pizza delivered. Same knife was used to separate those wedges. It also slit the top of a juice container.

In the afternoon, another set of packets were dealt with. Now I am going home and gonna order more pizza for the kids. Para2 will be getting more work.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Too early today, but my Native V got a decent workout yesterday and did a great job. Used it to cut the tags off several dog toys and the zip ties securing a couple others to cardboard backings. Opened a few envelopes and a package with it. Cut the excess cord used to secure the seat covers I was installing in my car. Finally used it to cut through the tape securing my spare house key to the back of my NRA Life Member card after locking myself out of the house. And, as always, my K05 Utility Knife got quite a bit of use in the kitchen.

No action shots, but here's one of the Native V at rest...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JD Spydo

G-10 Harpy & Temp 1

Post by JD Spydo »

Yesterday I used my G-10, ATS-55, SE Harpy ( that ought to get everyone's envy meter up :cool :) to open a big bunch of packaged food boxes we are going to use for the big Christmas feed this weekend.

The G-10 Harpy performed so admirably that I had 2 non-knife people want to take a look at the "Royal Hawkbill" and I even had one person asking me where he could get one.

I had no issues with it at all other than the fact that it got some of that tape glue/adhesive stuck to it which I cleaned up very quickly with some Isopropyl Alcohol. I've only sharpened it twice this year of 2011 and it's not looking to be sharpened for some time to come.

I truly wish we could get another run of G-10 Harpy models going.

Oh I also used my fixed blade FB05 Temperance 1 model for breaking down some boxes and it worked so well that I didn't even dull it at all even working it on cardboard for almost 20 minutes straight :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The Deacon wrote:Too early today, but my Native V got a decent workout yesterday and did a great job. Used it to cut the tags off several dog toys and the zip ties securing a couple others to cardboard backings. Opened a few envelopes and a package with it. Cut the excess cord used to secure the seat covers I was installing in my car. Finally used it to cut through the tape securing my spare house key to the back of my NRA Life Member card after locking myself out of the house. And, as always, my K05 Utility Knife got quite a bit of use in the kitchen.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Ok, Deacon. Who did your scales? I want to know, tell me! :)

Nice work. Very nice work. I like it.

Jack
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

Today I used my Native to clip a bunch of those plastic ties that hold boxes of copy paper closed. Normally, I would have used the small slipjoint in my pants pocket but, since I was the only idiot in the office at 7:00 a.m., I decided to go with the heavier artillery. :D

It's the first time I've used it for that purpose and the S30VN went through that stuff like it was string. :cool:
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

JD Spydo wrote:Yesterday I used my G-10, ATS-55, SE Harpy ( that ought to get everyone's envy meter up :cool :) to open a big bunch of packaged food boxes we are going to use for the big Christmas feed this weekend.

The G-10 Harpy performed so admirably that I had 2 non-knife people want to take a look at the "Royal Hawkbill" and I even had one person asking me where he could get one.

I had no issues with it at all other than the fact that it got some of that tape glue/adhesive stuck to it which I cleaned up very quickly with some Isopropyl Alcohol. I've only sharpened it twice this year of 2011 and it's not looking to be sharpened for some time to come.

I truly wish we could get another run of G-10 Harpy models going.

Oh I also used my fixed blade FB05 Temperance 1 model for breaking down some boxes and it worked so well that I didn't even dull it at all even working it on cardboard for almost 20 minutes straight :cool:
I would not mind having one. I always wanted to get one in G-10.And by the way,I do envy you for having one.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Delica 4-Purple

Opened a package of beef jerky at work. Flawless execution.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

The Deacon wrote:Too early today, but my Native V got a decent workout yesterday and did a great job. Used it to cut the tags off several dog toys and the zip ties securing a couple others to cardboard backings. Opened a few envelopes and a package with it. Cut the excess cord used to secure the seat covers I was installing in my car. Finally used it to cut through the tape securing my spare house key to the back of my NRA Life Member card after locking myself out of the house. And, as always, my K05 Utility Knife got quite a bit of use in the kitchen.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
That's an excellent handle Paul.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jackknifeh wrote:Ok, Deacon. Who did your scales? I want to know, tell me! :)

Nice work. Very nice work. I like it.

Jack
KardinalSyn wrote:That's an excellent handle Paul.
Thanks guys. Our fellow forumite Gullwing did that for me. Looks great and feels great.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!