How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Cut up some cardboard, and snipped a bunch of TyRaps with my 204P PM2...we were pretty busy though so sadly I didn't have time to take any pictures.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Well yesterday the Salt1 PE did some nice work on some nylon straps and the plastic wrap around a pallet just split with a light touch. Today the dragonfly cut open a cardboard box that just arrived with an Ontario knife Co short machete.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
xceptnl

Re: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Post by xceptnl »

A bit of much needed kitchen duty. I look forward to using these two together in the kitchen!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
sal

Post by sal »

I cut my sushi (Opah, Uni, tamago, etc. with my production Slysz Bowie. Worked great.

sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

sal wrote:I cut my sushi (Opah, Uni, tamago, etc. with my production Slysz Bowie. Worked great.

sal
What....no pictures... :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Cut some branches around my mailbox. Fortunately no fingers cuts this time. :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Really yesterday now, but in the morning I carefully measured and cut out pieces of cardboard with my brown Delica and a T-square and glued them together to form an exact sized mockup of an iPhone 6+ so my wife could see if it would fit her hands and pockets. The answer was yes :rolleyes:

In the afternoon I used my yellow Pacific Salt SE to cut the limbs off one of the small-leafed Privets that "intrude" all over this area. I was amazed that if you apply some tension by bending the limbs, it would slice 1" to 1 1/4" limbs 4/5 of the way through or more with one slice. The drought here could have something to do with it, but I'm beginning to see why people are so crazy about these SE knives. Also, being left handed may help, since the teeth are ground on the left side of the blade.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

DougC-3 wrote:Really yesterday now, but in the morning I carefully measured and cut out pieces of cardboard with my brown Delica and a T-square and glued them together to form an exact sized mockup of an iPhone 6+ so my wife could see if it would fit her hands and pockets. The answer was yes :rolleyes:

In the afternoon I used my yellow Pacific Salt SE to cut the limbs off one of the small-leafed Privets that "intrude" all over this area. I was amazed that if you apply some tension by bending the limbs, it would slice 1" to 1 1/4" limbs 4/5 of the way through or more with one slice. The drought here could have something to do with it, but I'm beginning to see why people are so crazy about these SE knives. Also, being left handed may help, since the teeth are ground on the left side of the blade.
Can you tell me the exact size of the smaller iphone 6? Thanks.
- best wishes, Jazz.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Jazz wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Really yesterday now, but in the morning I carefully measured and cut out pieces of cardboard with my brown Delica and a T-square and glued them together to form an exact sized mockup of an iPhone 6+ so my wife could see if it would fit her hands and pockets. The answer was yes :rolleyes:

Can you tell me the exact size of the smaller iphone 6? Thanks.
Sorry, I've been away from my computer all day, and you've probably already found out elsewhere, but the small one is 138.1 x 67.0 x 6.9 mm and weighs 129 g :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Thanks a lot, Doug. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Used my Ladybug SE to open my pay stub today. Woot!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Yesterday evening, after work, I started making a shelter for cooking and eating to keep us dry for this weekends camping trip. A walk through the woods revealed a wild patch of bamboo. All I had on me were my EDC knives so........ the Captain handled the bamboo like a champ and now we have a tall, wide open, covered eating shelter!

No edge damage either, the VG-10 performed beautifully. It was late and I had no lighting so I left it dirty til I could capture a few this morning.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*