How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

waco kid wrote:Ouch. Be careful when handling razor-sharp knives.
Sorry just kidding, knock on wood I haven't done any damage to myself yet. On that topic though, I had a customer come in who was renovating his house and he was all bandaged up, he had cut off a finger with his power saw and also shot himself through the foot with a brad nailer. I didn't say anything but secretly hoped he would decide to give up the DIY business.
bayvillageidiot

Cheese

Post by bayvillageidiot »

Used the Southard to defend myself against a wheel of red-waxed Gouda.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sharpened my squeak.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

FRN PE VG-10 Stretch helped to make breakfast this morning, cutting rolls and opening packaged deli meat.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I used my Techno to cut a number of hose connections & wires while breaking down our old clothes washer.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

On Thursday, I used my Tuff to cut through a one inch thick and meter long piece of board at work that was to contain a map. The knife was hefty enough to slice through that board as if it was butter.

Today I found that the knife was not as sharp as I want it to be and I had to do a few rounds on the SM. it's back to normal now. It's at times like these that I truly appreciate the compact versatility and ease of use of the SM.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Opening.food as per usual
kromo

Post by kromo »

delica 4 vg-10, all i need to cut. everything-
it's my all all all day knife. bread meat rope all i need to cut, my delica make the job.

native5 work, wood and country knife.
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

I used mine to cut ties off of toys the Easter bunny left today and then I used it to break the boxes down that he left behind.. Lol
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Got a box through the diplomatic pouch today. I had the Tuff and Dragonfly Salt on me. Decided to use the latter to open the box up.

Then used the Dragonfly to unpack five packets of briefing papers. These were just wrapped in plastic wrap. The edge is still good.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I've been moving for the last couple of days, so my Damascus Caly-3 has seen a lot of packing tape, saran and bubble wrap, cardboard, etc. Edge is holding up admirably.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

[video=youtube;D-Vvf2isIfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Vvf2isIfE[/video]
BAL

Post by BAL »

KardinalSyn wrote:On Thursday, I used my Tuff to cut through a one inch thick and meter long piece of board at work that was to contain a map. The knife was hefty enough to slice through that board as if it was butter.

Today I found that the knife was not as sharp as I want it to be and I had to do a few rounds on the SM. it's back to normal now. It's at times like these that I truly appreciate the compact versatility and ease of use of the SM.
I find that I walk around with my Tuff just looking for something to cut to see if it will. So far,
it has cut any and everything. Definately Tuff. And I agree on the SM.
natebonebusta

Post by natebonebusta »

Used my Endura 4 to cut some asparagus. Rolled the edge in the process (glass cutting board), and decided to micro-bevel for added strength.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

BAL wrote:I find that I walk around with my Tuff just looking for something to cut to see if it will. So far,
it has cut any and everything. Definately Tuff. And I agree on the SM.
Me too. I try really hard to find something to use the Tuff on. Then again, I have to balance its use during work. My bosses are okay but most colleagues are not. So I have to be very considerate about the feelings of others. So I tend to go for the smaller knife most of the time. Today it was the Ladybug.

How's your Tuff? Is the blade still shiny?
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Took my new Air on its maiden-cutting-flight. It encountered an apple and sliced it effortlessly! :rolleyes:
Tom
BAL

Post by BAL »

KardinalSyn wrote:Me too. I try really hard to find something to use the Tuff on. Then again, I have to balance its use during work. My bosses are okay but most colleagues are not. So I have to be very considerate about the feelings of others. So I tend to go for the smaller knife most of the time. Today it was the Ladybug.

How's your Tuff? Is the blade still shiny?
I haven't cut anything too tough yet, some small limbs on a tree, cardboard, boxes, weeds,
but it still looks new. Hopefully I can find somethingto scratch it up a little, so that it will look
used.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

BAL wrote:I haven't cut anything too tough yet, some small limbs on a tree, cardboard, boxes, weeds,
but it still looks new. Hopefully I can find somethingto scratch it up a little, so that it will look
used.
Okay and thanks. I scratched mine a few times when my hand slipped on the SM. how about food? Any chance of a patina forming do you think.
BAL

Post by BAL »

KardinalSyn wrote:Okay and thanks. I scratched mine a few times when my hand slipped on the SM. how about food? Any chance of a patina forming do you think.
I am not a patina fan. I gave it a coat of Tuf Glide last night , actually.
Greaser

Post by Greaser »

I used my Techno to pry open some stubborn pistachios!