How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

Cut a water bottle for my dog with my Dragonfly2 FRN.
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

I hate to say this but I really didn't have anything to cut today so I just fondled my knives. I think my spydercos deserved a day of TBH though. lol
dialex

Post by dialex »

I forgot my Spydie today! :( Thank God I still had the Ladybug on my keyring, so I wasn't totally incapacitated ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

Last night I started to feel like I was developing a cold. I took some Aspirin just before bedtime, etc. In the morning, I made myself some ginger root + hot water tea. Turns out the blue Manix Lightweight with plain edge is just perfect for slicing ginger, and the choil also gives you great control to peel it!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Used my edc DLC Para 2 to slice open bags of cheese to make lasagna :D I also minced some garlic for some Rosemary garlic bread I baked, then sprinkled on some parm cheese. Turned out good.

Also sliced up a bunch of parchment paper and broke down some cardboard. Boring stuff.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Made my 3 year old a PB&J sandwich and then sliced some apples for the two of us to snack on while watching college football on this rainy afternoon.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Paradiggum

Post by Paradiggum »

Today I used my Tenacious to make feather sticks to start the bonfire we got going. Sharpened a couple of sticks for marshmallows to. Also cut up some cardboard boxes to toss onto the fire after it was roaring. :)
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Visited the beach, vegetable market and then the hair salon. Had my SS Endura in my pocket the entire time. Only used it to open a bag of cashew nuts which I ate whilst walking along the beach.

My thanks to everyone who contributed to make this thread a success. I enjoy reading your contributions immensely.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

I chased a spider on the wall with my d2 para after my gf sent me to mince it, but i let it escape for fear of spider karma cursing my blade.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Used my woodcraft mule to debark an old tree branch to make another walkingstick. It is very comfortable in the hand and the choil on this fixed blade allows great control. Now I know why they made it.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
APS

Post by APS »

I used my Sage 1 to open a packet of targets for patterning steel shotshells.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

APS wrote:I used my Sage 1 to open a packet of targets for patterning steel shotshells.
Are you using steel shot for your shotgun?
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Used my new Military to open a zipfizz. So much quicker than spending a minute trying to tear the plastic with my fingernails
APS

Post by APS »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Are you using steel shot for your shotgun?
Chuck, yes here we have to use non toxic shot when hunting waterfowl. I pattered BlackCloud 2 3/4" 3-shot for ducks and 3" BB for goose using an Improved Cylinder choke in my 870.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I used my Chinook 2 to make a video on closing a mid lock with one hand. video is posted in another thread
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sJLVQY1p7uQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

My surprise of the day: SpyderEdge on my Dragonfly Salt is actually very good for peeling veggies (in my case, a cucumber I had for breakfast). I was expecting a lot more difficulties, but it went real well and smooth.
Moroland

Post by Moroland »

Did some Pumpkin carving last night with my Dragonfly 2:
spyderedge

Post by spyderedge »

Cutting cable, wires, removing seeds from dirt (scotch bonnet seeds), breaking down boxes.
With my endura 4 ffg(blah, Blah, blah look in my sig) Worked great! stayed sharp.
My :spyder: Endura 4 FFG Plain, Black in VG-10 had been my faithful EDC companion since 9/26/2012
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Image worked on my gokart -
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

My Red Bone Kiwi opened the mail when I got home yesterday. Later that evening my red G10 sprint Persian opend a bag of chips. Nothing specatucal but it these mundane cutting chores make my life so much easier and enjoyable.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram