How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

KardinalSyn wrote:It actually took me a few views to figure out that you had stabbed the Spaghetti can with your Para2. Nearly had a heart attack.
Haha did you think the blade snapped?. Dont under estimate m390, the stuff is still quite tough with all that wear resistance :)
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

razorsharp wrote:Haha did you think the blade snapped?. Dont under estimate m390, the stuff is still quite tough with all that wear resistance :)
Nope, was feeling sad for the spaghetti. :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

The weather is finally warming up in the Pac NW. For the Last two days I've used my large Rescue out in the garden...opening bags of compost, trimming back the thick stalks on wintered-over kale, and harvesting the last of the arugula crop. IMHO, the Rescue in one tool that should be in the pocket of every serious gardener and landscaper.
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
Rayo

Post by Rayo »

Easter egg hunt. I hid Golden Egg. Performed surgery with CF Walker ZDP on felt Easter Bunny and inserted egg in bunny tummy. Great hide.
thog94

Post by thog94 »

Cutting more bails of twine...
thog94

Post by thog94 »

Finishing up a cod end, love my Native but miss my Salt. She was so much better at cutting the poly but she has a good home now. I think that I need another one.

razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Cut tape to do markings on concrete at a construction site
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Used my Military to make some stump markers from some twigs about an inch in diameter. Put points on them so they would push into the ground. Cut some poly twine from around a burlap wrap on a tree that was planted in the front yard and opened a few bags of planting soil. Still shaving sharp. I'm really enjoying this knife and S30v!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Used my M390 PM2 to open the mail. Tough job I know :D
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Used my M390 Millie today.
Cut tomatoes into slices. Halved two loaves of French bread and layered mustard and mayo. Used the knife tip to pick up smoked beef already sliced from the deli. Then added cottage ham. Topped off with the tomato and salad leaves.

Though I washed the blade right after with soap and water. There is some discoloration on the blade. This did not disappear after a few wipes on cotton cloth either. This did not happen with the S30V Millie.

Updated:
So those blemishes that formed on the blade, perhaps due to the acidity of the tomato or due the mustard/mayo which I could not get rid of with soap and water, it just wiped away about twenty minutes later when I ran my finger across the blade.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

We are moving house on the 19th, so I used the GB to cut a lot of packaging tape, bubble wrap and boxes over the weekend.

The CF scales suite this knife very well, because it doesn't show dirt like coloured G10. Two strokes per side on the fine ceramic, and its hair popping sharp again.

Awesome work knife, but sometimes I wish it was a little bigger, like the Millie.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I used my Lum Tanto sprint, to clean some caked on grass from my lawnmower deck. The front edge of the tanto is perfect for scraping tasks.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I used one of my Spydies to cut open a Barbie Mermaid doll packaging! No worries though, no Barbie dolls were hurt or injured, as my Spydie cut cleanly and smoothly, through the positively pink and pirky packaging!
md8232

Post by md8232 »

Used my PM2 S90V to open the packaging on my Orange PM2.
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Used my pm2 to open a package w/ a book in it. And cut up a small cardboard box...worked great!
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Used my G-10 D'fly to cut the ends off of my carrots for a snack, then used it to cut my steak at dinner. Went through the 3/4 inch thick steak with ease.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Very carefully EDC'ed a ZDD-189 Caly 3 for the first time today. (No Use Though)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

CXXX wrote:Very carefully EDC'ed a ZDD-189 Caly 3 for the first time today. (No Use Though)
Is that you from PinoyGuns, Charlie?
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Used my Delica to cut open a dough bag while making pizza dough this morning and to cut the flaps off the top of a large box of paper towels to better fit it into the storage area where we get the towels out of.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

[video=youtube;OABnCfj0z0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OABnCfj0z0Y[/video]
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/