How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

Used my Salt 1 SE to open 25 bags of rock salt.
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Cscoop wrote:Used my Salt 1 SE to open 25 bags of rock salt.
That's one good photo of a Spyderco knife being used. Thanks for posting it.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

I used my Native5 to cut up a cardboard banana crate so that it would fit in the recycling bin. Fun! :D
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Went to work this morning and opened several other packages with my SB Caly. Come midday, tried to slice a tomato and failed. Now the blade won't even cut straight through paper. The original edge has gone and I have a dulled blade.

So transferred the knife to my left pocket where I also keep my phone. Whilst seated at my desk, I got a call on the mobile. Stretched my left leg and and my left arm dived into my pocket to grab the phone. Felt a sharp sting close to my knuckles and had to yank my hand back. Whilst my hand was diving into my pocket, the SB Caly blade with its tip up in the handle has bitten the skin above my pinky. It was not a deep cut but the blade drew first blood. Mine that is.

Of all the stupid things that can happen, being cut by a folded blade, feel very embarrassed right now.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

KardinalSyn wrote: Of all the stupid things that can happen, being cut by a folded blade, feel very embarrassed right now.
Your were lucky that it was a non posinous Spydie bite.
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
md8232

Post by md8232 »

I added a Low Rider Clip from STR to my Para 2. :D
Attachments
Low Rider on Para 2.JPG
Low Rider on Para 2.JPG (65.49 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Yesterday I cut the seal of my tobacco poach with my jigged bone Kiwi and later that day I used my Ambitious to open some mail.
At the evening my son used the Abitious to cut a loose thread from his jeans.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I have just been fondling my Michael Walker today, yesterday I used it to cut some mule tape and wrapped duct tape from some pipe.

I also hope to use it to open a couple of new packages....containing new spydies
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
dmon

Post by dmon »

I used PM2 to open a box with my shiny new Manix XL that i found in the morning mail. :)
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I used my Ti UKPK to open the Spyderco catalog that just got here today...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Used Kopa to open bag with coffee.
Used Navaja to demonstrate a friend superiority of Spyderco over his gritilian, which he sharpens on the belt sander
used Persian to open letters and package with mouse
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jwh

Post by jwh »

I used my Native Lightweight to open the mail which included the package with my new UK Pen Knife. LOL
I then used my new UK Pen Knife to cut pieces of Grace Ice and Water Shield.
I enjoyed using it so much that I ordered the Native 5 to go with it.
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
AfriadOfSpyders

Post by AfriadOfSpyders »

I used my PM2 to open boxes and cut tape. Then I used my SE H1 Tasman to cut through an orange on my lunch break.
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I used my Camo Para2 to open my new Gayle Bradley. The reviews are very accurate. The lock is NO JOKE and takes some practice to get comfortable disengaging it.
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Today used PM2 to trim cured primer blobs in dado corners of some railing posts I am making, prior to finish painting them. Removed foil seal on gallon of washer fluid for wife's car. That is all I remember today.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I tried cutting sandpaper up to 2000 grit with my knife raised at 15 degrees, Some how the bevel got polished :confused: :p
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I knifed a mugger, shanked a burglar and threatened my X...sorry dark humor, had to throw it in. Opened an envelope and a cut some nylon rope with my Native 5 ... but it was thick nylon rope.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Alchemy1 wrote:I used my Camo Para2 to open my new Gayle Bradley. The reviews are very accurate. The lock is NO JOKE and takes some practice to get comfortable disengaging it.
Gb and pm2 are two sweet pieces :D
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
CrimsonTideShooter

Post by CrimsonTideShooter »

dmon wrote:I used PM2 to open a box with my shiny new Manix XL that i found in the morning mail. :)
Please, please tell me the place that has them in stock.
ShawnKirkpatrick

Post by ShawnKirkpatrick »

I used my Ladybug Salt to open up a package that came in the mail (Some paracord), used my Delica 4 to open a popsicle for my mom, also used both to cut some of the paracord, Ladybug Salt broke down some drink boxes, and a cardboard box, yesterday I used my ladybug to cut down some dead weeds that where in the way after I dug up a PVC pipe I had buried 2 years ago to allow water to drain out of the sunflower row. (It was full of mud),..... Oh and the occasional cutting of paper :D .