OK, this might get me banned, but I just gotta ask,LOL !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MIL-DOT

OK, this might get me banned, but I just gotta ask,LOL !!!

Post by MIL-DOT »

So's I'm sitting here spinning my wheels on the computer,sipping a well deserved post-work beverage, and playing with my Stretch ( talking about a Spyderco here, you sick f***'s!! :D ).
Anyway, I've only had this for a few days,but everytime I look at it, the "Sal" logo jumps out at me.
I'll get right to the point. Am I the only one that sees something.....uh.....um...."suggestive", or, even "Erotic", in this logo ? Believe it or not, I even Googled "Rorschach test" a few mintes ago, assuming it was just me ( LOL,again).
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to get blasted with links to previous posts that have already discussed this,as it seems that obvious, but then again, if not, I must be the lone "pre-vert" ( Archie Bunker pronunciation,there.)
In case you don't follow me, I'm seeing the "S" as a male physique, seen from the right side, bending at the knee and hip, the "A" as the female bent at the waist, and the "L" being her arm,bent at the elbow.
Again, I've no intent to be offensive, I figure we're all adults just gabbing recreationally on a discussion board, so within reason,almost anything's fair game, and I thought this was an amusing observation. Of course, YMMV !!
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

all i can say is LOL wtf XD i think its only you who sees it like that LOL
-F1

Post by -F1 »

I know what logo you're talking about, but neither of my Stretches (C90SBK) have it. What kind(s) of Stretches have Sal's logo?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

None of my Stretches have the logo either.

I can't say that imagery has ever occurred to me. I don't even want to ask what you see in Eric's tag! :eek:
:bug-red-white
Zerimas

Post by Zerimas »

Wow. You're right. I am beginning to think there is some kind of conspiracy going on, considering what Eric's signature kind of resembles. :o

No wonder we all like Spydercos so much, look what we've been subconsciously associating them with. :D
angusW

Post by angusW »

My Stretch with ZDP-189 and carbon fiber scales has it and Mil-dot, you have to send me some of that post work beverage :D
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

my ss stretch has sal's logo on the opposite side of the blade to the spydie logo.
i don't see anything real suggestive about the logo though... looks like a lightning bolt next to a pyramid... or alternatively the letters S A L stylised.
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

angusW wrote:Mil-dot, you have to send me some of that post work beverage :D
Lol, +1 on this one. :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good sweet mercy... :eek: I think you've gone ahead and taken the plunge off into the deep end, MIL-DOT. LOL. ;)

At this point, I think we may need to call upon the psychological expertise of Dr. Snubnose. Perhaps we could start you on a regimen of Risperdal to help decrease the delusions. ;) :) (JK, of course).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Yeah, I think you've had one too many. :p
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Dern, I'm gonna have to go get me cf Stretch out. I always considered it an art form guess I'll maybe it will really speak to me :D Think it's time for another sip. :p
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

and i thought my after work beverages were good...
Cheers!
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

angusW wrote:.... and Mil-dot, you have to send me some of that post work beverage :D
Be careful what you ask for !!! :D
But seriously,is Zerimas the only what that sees what I'm talking about? I mean, most folks will see the weird shape in a cloud formation, after the person that "saw" it points it out.

P.S. This is the black FRN VG-10 Stretch, I just got it from CS on Monday. Same one on their website going for $72 and change.
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Rockcrawler wrote:and i thought my after work beverages were good...
Right? Lol.

I'm staring at the logo and I'm just not seeing it... I'm usually pretty good at this kind of game too. :D

More importantly, do you have a wife/girlfriend/domestic partner?
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I am sort of "artsy", but that doesn't really pop out at me. It's not a farfetched idea.. buttttt I doubt that's Sal's intention. Funny thing, I never noticed it was "SAL", I just thought it was some funky logo. I learned something today. Thank you. :D
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

unless our Mansticks are on our knees, it makes no sense XD
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

razorsharp wrote:unless our Mansticks are on our knees, it makes no sense XD
Mansticks eh?
:D
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

Waffle wrote: It's not a farfetched idea.. buttttt I doubt that's Sal's intention. Funny thing, I never noticed it was "SAL", I just thought it was some funky logo. I learned something today. Thank you. :D
No, I never thought it was some kind of intentional,subliminal message from Sal, nothing like that,at all, more like one of those shapes-in-the-clouds kinda thing. And it took me a while before I recognized the S.A.L. in the logo,myself.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I'm not seeing it. Maybe it's like one of those pictures where you stare at it for a while and a secret image appears. Come to think of it, I could never see those either. :o
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

Are you holding the knive steady or wiggling it? :confused: ;)
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.